Maintain front page

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Maintain front page

Post by Finis »

spacekdet wrote:Who has the keys? Say, just who is driving this thing, anyway?
Draise wrote:I guess we are all driving this ship
I like how sort of no one is driving. Prodigy does admin but otherwise technical work like the front page redo, decisions, challenges, etc. are done by the members volunteering and organizing as needed. It's an amorphous collection of self-organizing processes and emergent phenomena. Oh! Have to put that on a T-shirt!
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Got to dig into it a little. I added an article, in which I added a link, to these forums. No not a real solution, I was just poking around. :ugeek:
I saw some addons that appear to allow you to edit the link directly in the Joomla interface, but I think you gotta pay. mmmm not sure about that. :)
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Well got that fixed. Thanks Draise for showing me the Help page for the info!
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Hi guys,

As Robert pointed, time ago i suggested to add adsense on the forum to collect some free money to keep the hosting alive.. i still believe that is a good option to go, at least will help without any work..

Agree, Paypal is the best option to collect money from donations.. Maybe microsoft will help us ... Right?? Roman?? LOL

Out of Jokes.. I have no problem if someone wants to be the treasurer, or i also have no problem to use my paypal account to collect donations. All we have to decide what is the best option for the community.

This week i have some winter vacations so i'll try to add adsense to the site and see how much money can we collect from google 8-)

Keep in touch..
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I had volunteered to be treasurer but it looks like Prodigy is going to do that. I'll still be glad to if he wants.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Prodigy, Sir, Steinie has transferred the Hostgator account to me.

I've made a donate button for donations for U3DA. Note that the money from the button would go to my business account on Paypal.

I have an old Google adwords account from when I advertised a business I tried years ago. I could add adsense for ads on U3DA if you want.

Let me know if I should proceed with these things, if you are going to do any or all of this, or if any of this should be done differently.

I'll PM you some details.