tS7.6 "Unofficial" Update - Beta testers?

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

tS7.6 "Unofficial" Update - Beta testers?

Post by trueBlue »

tS7.6 "Unofficial" Update
Anybody want to Beta test a (Work In Progress) update for tS7.6?

IMPORTANT!!!: Do not use this tS7.6 version with tS7.61 and or tS7.61 Standalone versions!

List of Features and "Fixes" Provided in this Update
Note: LMB = left mouse button. MMB = middle mouse button. RMB = right mouse button.

:: 4View, Default, Floating, and trueSpace6 Layouts

•These layouts have been fixed to prevent the Main toolbars from showing on the Desktop when tS is Minimized by merging the bottom two Workspace toolbars together into one toolbar.
•Removed all of the RS...toolbar Frame Windows.
•Removed the coordinate view names from the Titlebars. IE:Perspective

:: Toolbars

Animation Editor toolbar
•Added a Reset function by adding a prototype.

3D Record toolbar
•Added RMB command to the Play icon which opens its preference panel in the Stack/Panel.

jScript Record toolbar
•Added a Stop all Activities icon

VBScript Record toolbar
•Added a Stop all Activities icon

Workspace Main toolbar
•Encapsulate 3D icon - Added a RMB command to Unencapsulate selected objects.
•Copy icon - Changed the LMB command to include multiple selections and insert the copied objects to any opened Link Editor view at X = 600 and Y = 600 and offset each copied object horizontaly by 60. This only works in the Default or similar layouts. IE: It is path dependent. All other layouts the copied objects are inserted underneath the selected objects. RMB Command opens a Link Editor view and inserts the copied objects offset into the scene level only and works in all layouts. Note: Ctrl + C keys still uses the original command.
•Delete icon - Changed the LMB command to include multiple selections. Note: Delete key still uses the original command.
•Reset Default Context icon - Changed the LMB command to include a dialog giving you a choice to reset or not reset.
•Save current State - 'Default Context Backup' icon - Included.
•3D Record toolbar icon - Modified it's placement.
•jScript Macro toolbar icon - Modified it's placement. RMB - Inserts a jScript Command.
•VBScript Macro toolbar icon - Modified it's placement. RMB - Inserts a VBScript Comma
•New Scene icon - Added RMB command to navigate to the scene level in the Link Editor.
•Look At icon - Added RMB command that removes the Look At.
•Show icon - LMB Shows all the selected objects and RMB Shows the new Object Render Attributes panel for the selected object.
•Hide icon - LMB Hides all the selected objects and RMB Shows the new Object Render Attributes panel for the selected object.
Note: You can use the Show icon in place of the button in the Stack/Settings/Scene panel.

Workspace Navigation toolbar
•Object tool icon - Added a LMB command to Unselect everything selected.
•Axis reset icon - Changed the tooltip to: Reset Axis.
•Axis tool icon - Added RMB command to toggle 'On/Off' the Axis Widget's 'Show In Front'.
•Set Default Pose icon - Added a dialog to cancel setting the Default Pose if one is already present.

:: Widgets

Removed the duplicated Widgets.

Object Move, Rotate, and Scale widgets
•MMB select in empty space deactivates each tool and it's icon highlighting.

Camera Move, Rotate, FOV, and Rectangle Zoom widgets
•MMB select in empty space deactivates each tool and its icon highlighting.

:: Panels

•Postprocess - Added Edit Boxes to the panel.
•Material Editor - 'Edit in the Link Editor' enabled. Also added a RMB command to the 'Edit DX Material in the Link Editor' icon that navigates to the scene level in the Link Editor.
•Snapping - Exported the 'Snap Radius' attribute on the Grid aspect.
•Windows Setting - Fixed the Edit Boxes to Update on Change.
•All Lights have a new UI with all of their aspects showing in the Stack/Panel and include an Intensity attribute for their Solid Color. Default = 1 which equals no Intensity. Note: The Default light setup is the only library item that was modified with the new lights. Unfortunately all pre existing lights, scenes, libraries, and Light setups will have the original lights.

:: Misc

•Camera - The Camera's Shape was modified so that the mesh does not show when vewing from any camera in some instances. The Camera's tool placement position is now Z = 1.000

Installation Instructions

To install the "tS76 Unofficial Update version 4, follow these steps:

Step 1 - Download the "tS76.4.zip" file. Save it to the hard drive of your computer.

Step 2 - Extract the "tS76.4.exe" executable file from the zip file and run it.

Step 3 - When the executable file runs, it will prompt you for a location where you want the update script and associated files to be extracted to (see the illustration below). Use the [...] button to browse to the folder where you installed trueSpace 7.6. If you used the default path, it should be "C:\trueSpace76" as shown below:
tS76 Path.PNG
tS76 Path.PNG (25.42 KiB) Viewed 25864 times
After the path has been entered, Press the "Extract" button.

Step 4 - A "Confirm File Replace" dialog should appear as shown below. Press the "Yes to All" button.
If you install trueSpace 7.6 to a clean directory and do NOT open it, you can omit Step 5.
Yes to All.PNG
Step 5 - Open trueSpace 7.6 and select the "Reset to Default Context" icon.

Final update can be found here:
http://united3dartists.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=55"
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Re: tS7.6 "Unofficial" Update - Beta testers?

Post by LeonRegis »

For the best of Truespace!
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I can do some testing.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Thanks Clinton. I am having problems saving the 4View layout. I'm using Vista32. Do you notice the White areas? Everytime I switch to 4View it is the same as shown. Minimize/Maximize clears it up but does not help when you switch back as it restorts back as shown. Perhaps you can resave it on your rig? Note this Quad view is the only one with this issue as the 3 others work fine. Included is the 4View.rsl file.

Edit: File removed and is now incorporated into Beta2
Attachments
4View.PNG
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote:Thanks Clinton. I am having problems saving the 4View layout. I'm using Vista32. Do you notice the White areas? Everytime I switch to 4View it is the same as shown. Minimize/Maximize clears it up but does not help when you switch back as it restorts back as shown. Perhaps you can resave it on your rig? Note this Quad view is the only one with this issue as the 3 others work fine. Included is the 4View.rsl file.
I load your rsl file and get the almost same thing on my XP machine, but instead of a white background I see the screen behind the trueSpace app. Iif I de-maximize and then maximize the window it looks good. Tried your 4view on windows7 and it worked perfectly.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

What is your screen resolution on the PCs you tested? Mine 1440x900. I had this same problem with the tS761 patches as well. Not sure what I did there, or I just got lucky. My only solution so far is to set the Minimize size almost as large as the Maximize size. That works for me here.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote:What is your screen resolution on the PCs you tested? Mine 1440x900. I had this same problem with the tS761 patches as well. Not sure what I did there, or I just got lucky. My only solution so far is to set the Minimize size almost as large as the Maximize size. That works for me here.
1920x1080 win7 64bit - worked
1920x1200 winxp 32bit - similar but see screen behind instead of white
1440x900 winxp 32bit - similar but see screen behind instead of white
1280x800 vista 32bit - got white like your picture
Clinton Reese

splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Ya can count me in. Currently running tS7.6 on a HP laptop AMD dual core, 4GB ram, Ati 4530 graphics.
I only use model side at moment so happy to install a second version to 'test'. Drop me the details by if you want me to take a look. Oh, and I am happy to contribute any graphic elements I can.
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Thanks Splinters! Can you make an Unglue icon that matches the original tS76 UI's icons?
Also if you can test the previous posted 4View layout, tell me your resolution and any problems you see.
Here is improved (WIP) Copy, Delete, and Unglue scripts that I would like some feedback on.

The scripts are included in a new (WIP) Auto Floating Panel that I created. If you use this panel for your own projects, do note that it can not be encapsulated yet.

The Delete and Unglue scripts should work as expected with multiple selections.

The Copy script needs a lot of testing as I am trying to overcome the copies being placed underneath the originals. Please test in all LAYOUTs! If inclined look at the comments in this script.

TIA
Edit: File removed and is now incorporated into Beta2.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I think copy would be better if the copies where selected instead of deselecting everything. If you're working in the 3D view the only way to select the copies is with the link editor.

Unglue seems to work but gives an error on deep encapsulated objects. Attached is an object that has been encapsulated. If you unglue the Cube down in the "first" node you get the error message twice.
unglueError.jpg
Delete is the same as unglue in that it works but gives error on deep encapsulated items.

Delete has some unneeded loop at line 16, Sel doesn't change inside the loop:

Code: Select all

for (j=0; j<Nsel; j++)
  {
		Node.Delete(Sel)
  }
Edit: line 23 of Unglue2 script also does this

In Copies script why copy the matrix to the wldmatrix?

Code: Select all

if (Node.ConExists(Sel, "WldMatrix"))
	{
	Node.Value(Sel,"WldMatrix") = Node.Value(Sel,"Matrix")
	}
Attachments
third.zip
(7.87 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Clinton Reese