tS7.6 "Unofficial" Update - Beta testers?

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: tS7.6 "Unofficial" Update - Beta testers?

Post by trueBlue »

Uh......I would not recomend that noko, most importantly on the Standalone version. In fact there will be some tS761 fixes that will no longer work if you apply this tS76 patch. There is to many to mention differences between tS76 and tS761 updates. And...the Standlone version does not have Model which is why I created a sperate update. This tS76 update is a Beta release and is still a work in process. I plan on creating another thread when it is Officially, UnOfficially finished.
I am planning on an update to the tS761 update later that will include the additional modifications I am making in this tS76 update.
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote:...
The LE.InsertAt command needs the LE2Node in it's path to work.
What I have found is when you have multiple views open and you add their paths in the script, you'll get duplicate copies of the selected objects in the scene, hence the LE2Node inserts into ONE scene. It is layout dependent though so you could have the path for the Default and 4View layouts (but Only One View). Hope that makes sense.
Not sure I understand but attached is what I was talking about. This will use the Copy command if the 2 LE nodes do not exist and only if they both don't exist. I tried it on a layout with an extra LE view. Without the changes nothing happens when you push the copy button. With the changes it copies but the copies are on top of the originals. I just think it's better that it does something instead of nothing. Also don't forget that this is just my opinion, I don't use the 76 version anymore so I don't have any strong emotions as to how this all works.

Oops, forgot to mention. I can't find anything wrong with the update. Everything seems to be working great.
Attachments
Copies.zip
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote:...
I am planning on an update to the tS761 update later that will include the additional modifications I am making in this tS76 update.
Yeah! :bananamouse:
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Clinton,
Can you send me your layout?
I tried your script and I am getting duplicate copies in the Floating layout.
I have tested the current Copies script in this Beta2 update and what I have found is it only works in the Default layout and the (4View - Perspective window Only) as expected with the copies placed offset and spaced horizontally. This includes making a selection and navigating somewhere else and then selecting the Copy icon, in with which the copies are placed inside that window as noted above.
In all other layouts and different windows it still copies but they are stacked on top of each other and you can not paste them into a different window.
I tested this same script in tS761 with the same results as above.
I'll test your (tS76) layout and see what I can find. Oh and did you create this layout in tS76, AFTER you installed the patch? Shouldn't matter as I did not change the original paths in these layouts like I did in the tS761 patch, just thought I would ask. FYI: In the tS761 patch, I created every layout starting with the Default layout.
noko
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by noko »

oops, ahhh I should have realize it was ment for 7.6 and not 7.61 STD. Well havn't tested to much but it actually looked like it worked :).
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Clinton, I know you have done a lot of work with exporting certain aspects of trueSpace lights.
Would you look at this Spot light and see if it would cause any problems?
Added Intensity
Added a Camera - View button: LMB = View from Spot & RMB = 3D View
All of the Attenuation and Shadow attributes have been disconnected from the outer panel and instead the whole panel is Exported out.
Everything else is the same as the original.

Edit: New version uploaded today
Changes:
Spot Camera is locked now.
Spot Widget is no longer hidden when Viewing from Angle Cone.
Added a New View button which opens a new window that views from Cone Angle.
This allows you to adjust the Spot with it's widget in your main view and view from the Cone Angle in other new view.
Button's tooltips are now "RMB - 3D Space View"

Edit2: Here is a newer version and I think it is the best solution so far.
This is the same Spot light that is include in Beta3 except this one has a Camera node inside.
It functions just like a tS76 Camera. The biggest draw back is if you are viewing from this Spot Light's Camera and you Reset the View the light moves with it. errrr! But if you enable Camera Undo in the Desktop panel you can select Undo.The Spot Light's Widget is probmatic as well but I included a toggle on/off button on it's panel. The View button Unselects so the Spot Light Widget does not show upon entry.

I just discovered why I did not incorporate this version. This only works with a Spot light that has an Object Hider node. It does not work well with any other object.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote:Clinton,
Can you send me your layout?
I tried your script and I am getting duplicate copies in the Floating layout.
I have tested the current Copies script in this Beta2 update and what I have found is it only works in the Default layout and the (4View - Perspective window Only) as expected with the copies placed offset and spaced horizontally. This includes making a selection and navigating somewhere else and then selecting the Copy icon, in with which the copies are placed inside that window as noted above.
In all other layouts and different windows it still copies but they are stacked on top of each other and you can not paste them into a different window.
I tested this same script in tS761 with the same results as above.
I'll test your (tS76) layout and see what I can find. Oh and did you create this layout in tS76, AFTER you installed the patch? Shouldn't matter as I did not change the original paths in these layouts like I did in the tS761 patch, just thought I would ask. FYI: In the tS761 patch, I created every layout starting with the Default layout.
I see it now. I think I was making an overly complicated layout(after the patch) and that was a big change everything so much so that the mods I made worked. I simplified it by reset to default context(removing the changes I made to the Copies script), open a new LE window, select 2 lights and copy. The copies end up on top of each other. Now change the 4D view to 2D, copy 2 lights and they offset like they should.

My version of the copies script did not work like I hoped so don't give that another thought, but as shown in the steps above your version will copy without offsets in certain conditions. I'll have access to my winXP machine later today and I can double check this.

Edit: Confirmed. Same steps on xp machine gives the same result.
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote:No I should have beee more clear, sorry about that. I have updated the post in BIG red letters.

Clinton, I know you have done a lot of work with exporting certain aspects of trueSpace lights.
Would you look at this Spot light and see if it would cause any problems?
Added Intensity
Added a Camera - View button: LMB = View from Spot & RMB = 3D View
All of the Attenuation and Shadow attributes have been disconnected from the outer panel and instead the whole panel is Exported out.
Everything else is the same as the original.
Looks good. I would have a note or something about the RMB=3D View on the node as a reminder or even a second button maybe a copy of the perspective icon.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I found a sure fire way, except pasting into another LE View, that works in every layout but it is not pretty. I was thinking about offering this solution as a RMB command on the Copy icon.
What do you think?

Edit: File removed and is now incorporated into Beta3
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote:I found a sure fire way, except pasting into another LE View, that works in every layout but it is not pretty. I was thinking about offering this solution as a RMB command on the Copy icon.
What do you think?
It works and it's behavior is consistent . Sometimes the not so pretty solution is best. RMB seems like a good idea to me.
Clinton Reese