Query on Stage Building 7.61 B8 One at a Time Style...

Technical questions, etc..
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Query on Stage Building 7.61 B8 One at a Time Style...

Post by trueBlue »

Krowbarh wrote: 19 Dec 2019, 14:12 OK then...Thanks to trueBlue for the input, however the subject is still open as I am not going to do a mass overwrite into the tS761 directory such as with an unofficial update as it would be hARd to undo unless I copy the whole dir & replace it if there are stability issues...

I'd rather add one thing at a time, I will learn more that way & it will be readily undone if there is a problem...

So sofar I have trueSpace 7.61 b8 with V-Ray 1.53 working...That's it...

Mostly interested in workspace addons for modeling or working with materials as it is nice to model in a direct-x 'game engine'...

Would be NICE if there was a polygon plugin for doing poly-by-poly modeling in open space like for modeling heads & such for the workspace.

I know there is one for modelspace but is rather featureless compared to the same in amapi or hexagon or modo...
I highly recommend this tutorial for point editing in Workspace. Not only for point editing but using the Workspace's User Interface too!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ZFhmPhqCph
A few exceptions:
It is not necessary to have the Link Editor opened for selecting objects.
Instead of using the View Widget, with your object selected or Point Edit selection, MMB + Drag in 3D Space for moving around and using MMB's wheel for panning in and out.
Instead of using the Point Edit widget all of the time, you can use the Move tool.
Tab key to hide the widget
Z key for the Move tool = On and Shift + LMB select in 3D Space = Off
Shift + X, Y, or Z toggles the Axis constraint On/Off.
Krowbarh
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Query on Stage Building 7.61 B8 One at a Time Style...

Post by Krowbarh »

Yeah...Thanks once again....

It just so happens I was watching that particular course yesterday!

...Talk about synchronicity....