Environment/Reflection is White in MaterialEditor!

Technical questions, etc..
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Environment/Reflection is White in MaterialEditor!

Post by trueBlue »

One thing bitkar did not mention, you will need to save your Configuration after rearranging your UI

First of all, you are not using tS761
It looks like you are using the Caligari trueSpace 7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.2
Here is one of my setups for that version which includes My Configuration and a Workspace Layout called Model
This Model layout is a special layout for users that do not like Workspace
Note: No layout Tabs in the top title bar, No Workspace toolbars at the bottom, and No Stack on the Right
Screenshot (28).png
Fullscreen...
I am using Win 10 and I have the same problem with the Desktop showing
I also have the Win 10 bottom Taskbar set to Auto Hide, which is important when saving Workspace Layouts
You can right click the tS7.exe and choose Properties/Compatibility
The Troubleshooter presented Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) mode
Right click the tS7.exe and open Properties.png
VRay with Global Illumination, which took less then a minute to Render
Note: The Configuration Library, bottom left
Screenshot (29).png
If you want to try this setup, you can apply this update to the Caligari trueSpace 7.6 MS Legacy Edition V1.2 which includes My_Configuration.tsc and the Model layout...
https://united3dartists.com/forum/viewt ... 397#p37397
zzador
Petty Officer Second Class

Post by zzador »

Okay, okay, I will give it another try. It seems the new Modelside-Edition is a slight "back-to-the-roots" attempt. :D
bitkar wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 12:14 Ok, i think we found the problem... i would say RTFM (read the fucking manual), but not to be mean, i made a tutorial just for you ;)
Yeah, I didn't need to consult the manual once for the older versions. I thought that this would be the grand feature of trueSpace...being usable by beginners without any learning. Seems to have changed. Thanks for the video however. It doesn't run on my laptop here (play button just doesn't work -> first time that this happens) but I will watch it later on my TV in the living room.
trueBlue wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 12:33 VRay with Global Illumination, which took less then a minute to Render
Note: The Configuration Library, bottom left
Oh common...what's this? Photonmapping? The artefacts are horrible! I know VRay can do much better. Rerender it with Brute-Force GI and 256 Samples per pixel and we have a decent comparison. ;)
I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe...
the rise & fall of MS-DOS. The birth of Windows 3.11. Professional 3D Software getting usable in the late 90s and getting unusable again around 2010. Telephones with a dial and so much more...
borgcone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by borgcone »

zzador wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 16:05 ... For those who always want me to try tS 7.6 I can say I have tried it 3 times now and I usually deinstall it just a couple of minutes later. ...
I've also had the same feeling for a long time (10 or 15 years! :shock: ) till I recently understand the detail pros/cons of tS6.6 (and other tS versions). I hope you to reach happier stage on tS6.6 in much shorter time.
borgcone ... or 3DfromNULL at https://biglode.com/ptsxpy
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

zzador wrote:
Oh common...what's this? Photonmapping? The artefacts are horrible! I know VRay can do much better. Rerender it with Brute-Force GI and 256 Samples per pixel and we have a decent comparison. ;)
Just a quick and dirty render using the included HDRI Test scn using VRay's default settings with Global Illumination checked
Using Lightworks to render the same scn is horrible!
Shows us what you can do!
BTW... your welcome :roll:
And...
Workspace's Modeling and Boolean tools is way better than Model, IMHO :ugeek:
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

i will reupload the tutorial on UI later... there was something wrong, it was in a very low quality too, even tho i uploaded 1440p video... stay tuned.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

ok, here is the new video I uploaded:
https://youtu.be/v_nwpD91mdU
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)