Models

Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Models

Post by Steve »

Hmm, I'll have a look into that, I might have to reverse the specular map to show you the bumps. The scale...yeah is a bit big, I'll need to look into that
Thanks steve
Steve

Post by Steve »

Here's the island without the colour map, just so the displacement is a bit clearer...maybe i need to add a bit more random displacement to it
Attachments
island1bump.jpg
Steve

Post by Steve »

Bosh! 5 down, hyper-billion more to go
Attachments
factory2.jpg
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

this project become interesting. I like the idea to do that with a team. the project seem to be inspired by comic book. I think about Moebius, a french illustrator witch have a wonderfull world. I imagine also a touch of Enki bilal and Flash gordon by Alex Raymond.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Ow it seems really good and I bet that the poly count is low, which makes it better for animating, right?
Yeah, this WIP shows exactly the power of a good team! And when I start my great WIPs in a near future I hope have a superb team like that!!! This is the prove and experience... :worship:

Keep the good work!
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks a lot guys, the Enki bilal is certainly an interesting one. Let's hope we can keep on suprising you in the future eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoJecu9e7c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I must admit in hindsight I hope to draw a lot more future inspiration from that, it's a fantastic looking film
leonregis wrote:Ow it seems really good and I bet that the poly count is low, which makes it better for animating, right?
Yeah, this WIP shows exactly the power of a good team! And when I start my great WIPs in a near future I hope have a superb team like that!!! This is the prove and experience... :worship:

Keep the good work!
We've only just started Leon, let's HOPE it all stays that way, good luck with your WIPs
Steve

Post by Steve »

And some more
Attachments
antenna 2.jpg
island 2 2.jpg
island 2.jpg
tahnoak

Post by tahnoak »

weevil wrote:
Mad Mouse wrote:See... you didn't need me after all ;) textures look good. if a little shiny.
Fix'd, we did need you, I doubt the map's very...user friendly, and I don't really enjoy texturing
leonregis wrote:
Best reaction we've had so far
Scrumptious, pretty, wonderful, amazing, nicely done, lovely, fine!

And now? :lol:
Maybe the nicest response we've had so far

So here's a view from the other side with less "Supershiney!"
EDIT: Forgot the picture, nice one

That's funny that you don't like texturing...I can do without modeling and much prefer to texture and to do the lighting
Steve

Post by Steve »

tahnoak wrote: That's funny that you don't like texturing...I can do without modeling and much prefer to texture and to do the lighting
Maybe there's a chance you could join this group of "merry men" if you wish, at the moment I'm getting into the swing of things now, once we boot out this environment, and the first capital ship...at least once all those three pieces have been properly compiled and what this project actually is becomes clear and a proper informed decision could be made

Interested in giving it a swing?
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

What do you need? 8-)
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi