Red Carrier

Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Red Carrier

Post by Steve »

Another one of those WIPs that throws you in half way through me making it, I didn't think that the results I had before I stopped procrastinating and pulled one of my infamous amazingly long modelling session out my trousers were worth showing

So here's what we have so far then, you've all got to remind me to union as many intersecting parts as I can jut so UVmapping'll be easier, no idea how to fit so many objects onto one sheet, current model is at 6500-7000 odd polys, without the interior (which I'm really going to have "fun" doing)

I've included a "hidden line" render, but it isn't really fantastic, I suspect there are a few N-gons to clean up somewhere, but probably out of sight, and there are a few odds and ends I need to tidy up, like no flag sticking out the back and maybe a few other things I can get away with adding

Then for the interior

"fun"
Attachments
rear.jpg
front wire.jpg
front.jpg
tahnoak

Re: Red Carrier

Post by tahnoak »

I cannot even comprehend the amount of time it would take to make a model like this, at least for me. That is incredible.
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Ow, super detailed! I just can't plan how I would create it... :shock:
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
Breech Block

Post by Breech Block »

Wow, that is some pretty awesome work there, Weevil. Kind of a weird hybrid between Spaceship Yamato and Final Fantasy. Great stuff I love it.

Look likes it's gonna be a bit of a beast to texture though.
Yamato Final Fantasy.jpg
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yea I'm so totally alive guys, never been away at all
tahnoak wrote:I cannot even comprehend the amount of time it would take to make a model like this, at least for me. That is incredible.
It's always easier when you have some good concepts to work from. Cleaning up the model so there are no/almost no Ngons is the part that took the longest
leonregis wrote:Ow, super detailed! I just can't plan how I would create it... :shock:
Super detailed maybe, but only 8000 or so polys, and we've still got the texturing to go
Breech Block wrote:Wow, that is some pretty awesome work there, Weevil. Kind of a weird hybrid between Spaceship Yamato and Final Fantasy. Great stuff I love it.

Look likes it's gonna be a bit of a beast to texture though.
A big and bad beast to texture, I don't think I want to even think about hoe I'm going to go about doing it, and fitting it all on one texture file, it might have to be broken down in to lots of little ones

Btw, good to see you got that website up and running
Steve

Post by Steve »

Sorry progress hasn't been shown, rest assured coding's been commenced and we may well have a neat little package to show you all in some time to come.

While I w as busy juggling a fair amount of things I managed to chisel into this red carrier's texture. Sadly the red isn't as deep as I hoped and I may need to fix that with some photoshop magic at the end (not as simple as changing colour!)

No render tricks, realtime in TS6.6
Can ya dig it?
Steve

Post by Steve »

So guys, We should have been working on this project but the summer holidays kicked in, which meant work and uni prep turned full time for myself and the Xbox and uni prep turned full time for peter. I do however have an object to show for it.

The red Carrier was bugging me for a while, and Schattendorn was polite enough to let me give it a bit of plastic surgery

So far, the polycount is around 3600, I've removed most if not all nasty intersecting models and cleaned its makeup and polycount up a lot
Attachments
RedCarrierNew2.jpg
RedCarrierNew1.jpg
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Man I love this guy's concepts! Great design!