Unofficial Update Documentation Manual

free scripts, plugins, models, textures
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Unofficial Update Documentation Manual

Post by trueBlue »

Page 36
The trueSpace "synchronize bug" presents itself if more than 1 object is selected when the
bridge synchronize from workspace is run. The selected objects will be renamed to include a
comma and number postfix. Each time the synchronize is run the number will increment. The
reason for the bug is that when more than 1 object is selected in modelspace it will create a
temporary "Selection" group to hold the objects. Workspace cannot see the modelspace
"Selection" object.
After reading, testing, and verifying this, I am inclined to remove Synchronize
Not only does Model rename the objects, but they are also being copied!
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 17:11 Page 36
The trueSpace "synchronize bug" presents itself if more than 1 object is selected when the
bridge synchronize from workspace is run. The selected objects will be renamed to include a
comma and number postfix. Each time the synchronize is run the number will increment. The
reason for the bug is that when more than 1 object is selected in modelspace it will create a
temporary "Selection" group to hold the objects. Workspace cannot see the modelspace
"Selection" object.
After reading, testing, and verifying this, I am inclined to remove Synchronize
Not only does Model rename the objects, but they are also being copied!
Copied?! That's pretty wild.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Just discovered a feature in the Animation Editor
Play - Selected Play Range

You have to select a range of keyframes and set the Start & End to match
Play Selected Range.png
Note: I have noticed that you can lose the Time picker and you have to Close & Reopen the Animation Editor
Also note, that you can get the users selection from the AnimMng

Side Note: I do not think the options in Show objects, work
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 15:22 Just discovered a feature in the Animation Editor
Play - Selected Play Range

You have to select a range of keyframes and set the Start & End to match

Play Selected Range.png
Note: I have noticed that you can lose the Time picker and you have to Close & Reopen the Animation Editor
Also note, that you can get the users selection from the AnimMng

Side Note: I do not think the options in Show objects, work
What does selecting the keyframes get you? It just plays the start to end no matter what the selection is.
Clinton Reese

borgcone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by borgcone »

Sorry to interrupt but it seems to be good timing for this.

Thank you for the valuable and effortful project.
I was worry about original errors of Quick Guide that could demotivate tS newbies or potential users (especially tS5-tS2 user who didn't buy tS6 and want to start from tS7 Model side like me). For example, could you please consider to add something like below when you have a time?

Of course please change or discuss wording, image-design, excess/deficiency, etc. because my English is not so good. (I can provide Inkscape .svg file and/or exported 2D images in higher resolution if needed)
7a.png
I'm planning to translate the UU document to my mother-language, and am verifying tS's behavior in Quick Guide at first.
Related topic by me:
General Discussion - Model side control vertex (CV) handles, bugs?"
borgcone ... or 3DfromNULL at https://biglode.com/ptsxpy
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

borgcone wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 14:41 Sorry to interrupt but it seems to be good timing for this.

Thank you for the valuable and effortful project.
I was worry about original errors of Quick Guide that could demotivate tS newbies or potential users (especially tS5-tS2 user who didn't buy tS6 and want to start from tS7 Model side like me). For example, could you please consider to add something like below when you have a time?

Of course please change or discuss wording, image-design, excess/deficiency, etc. because my English is not so good. (I can provide Inkscape .svg file and/or exported 2D images in higher resolution if needed)

7a.png

I'm planning to translate the UU document to my mother-language, and am verifying tS's behavior in Quick Guide at first.
Related topic by me:
General Discussion - Model side control vertex (CV) handles, bugs?"
The icons are too small to see what they are. If they are bigger in the inkscape file attach it, otherwise export a higher resolution 2D image.
Are you planning to translate the whole thing to Inkscape or will you be using another program to author the language changes?
Clinton Reese

borgcone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by borgcone »

clintonman wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 15:34 The icons are too small to see what they are. If they are bigger in the inkscape file attach it, otherwise export a higher resolution 2D image.
Corrected icon size and uploaded an Inkscape file and several parts to my space. Please check it:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... lik2Xww501

- Also added a vector image of left-hand side control (Workspace) because each real arrowhead is a bit different from the original image.
- I believe Japanese fonts (e.g. arrow sign) are completely wiped out from .svg. Please replace or let me know if any strange font remains.
- Gave a number "2.14.6" to only Selector sphere. It might be unbalanced and unnecessary.

Please let me know if there are any problems (or any Inkscap'ing task for the document project).
clintonman wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 15:34 Are you planning to translate the whole thing to Inkscape or will you be using another program to author the language changes?
Perhaps I'll use Scribus (or Word) and export to PDF at least for text. It should be important that document like this is searchable. (A searchable PDF by Word must be accessibility=off, AFAIK. I don't like that)

Thank you.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

image1491-2.png
This is an edit of the Inkscape file you shared. The svg file is attached below. I plan to do something like this for the manual using Scribus, except I will keep the original workspace widget. I do plan to add images of 2 missing object widgets in the following pages of the manual.

Here is what I changed:

Workspace:
spelling error changed axix to axis
the move rb does not do anything, removed the text
scale was pointing to the move arrow instead of the scale box
de-emphasized black stroke color on the widget

The cage widget was very incomplete and separation of the workspace and model text was a good idea. Much better organization. :bananathumb:

Model:
removed the "2.14.6"
selector sphere changed "control type" to "rotation control"
add space between rotate and scale sections
altered the arrangement and color of the "scale" images - made it green so it looked more like a zoomed in representation
changed all the stroke widths to 1

2 more notes, There were some mystery items outside of the page. I deleted them. The new images are linked instead of embedded in the svg file. Hopefully that won't mess up your workflow.
Attachments
QG_ONC_proposal_1a_edit1.zip
(592.73 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Clinton Reese

borgcone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by borgcone »

I appreciate your help. Three corner icons and whole text become easier to read. I mistakenly R-dragged other than arrow shafts to move.

I cannot see the mystery items (cannot select anything by dragging very wide area outside of the page) and checked using a text editor after you pointed out. They are debris of text (e.g. at x=-937) because each of them includes Japanese font-family name. I have done "File" - "Clean up document" before the upload but it seems not to work for such ghost/zombie text. I will continue to search how to deal with.

In addition, as you may already have noticed, I have exchanged blue/green in the image of Workspace control so that it is consistent with real one I saw half a day ago. It could confuse readers as if Workspace has a left-handed coordinate system. Please reverse blue/green again if needed.
(edited: right-handed -> left-handed)

(I have understood just while ago that each of the arrows sometimes points -infinite in both case of Workspace/Model in order to face its "interior" center toward us.)
1a.png
1a.png (30.13 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
(Edit: The direction of the hand-written blue arrows were wrong. It incorrectly points Y = -Infinite)
Last edited by borgcone on 19 Jan 2022, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Yes, the widget direction jumps around depending on the view orientation. When the default 3D view is reset and an object is centered at the origin, the green is to the left and blue to the right. That matches the original quick guide, so I will leave it as is. I have no plans to change the workspace widget image to match the unofficial update default version.
Clinton Reese