Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Unofficial Update Documentation Manual

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 23:22
clintonman wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 23:09
trueBlue wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 22:38 Page 153

I do not think the above is possible
Looks like you're right. I even checked the original version from 2012 and it didn't update the objects in the model view so it can't autokey them.
I'll add a note or something saying synchronize is required to bake keyframes.
I tried adding:
tSBridge.SynchronizeObject(Node.FirstSelected())
but trueSpace defiantly does not like it with your D3D Render script
It will bake keyframes if you run synchronize and d3d render at the same time. D3D render to drive the animation, synchronize to make model update and generate a keyframe.

Edit: Actually, let me double check that. I still have the 2012 version of D3d render installed

Nope, doesn't work with the newer D3D render and pressing the Synchronize button even forces you to close D3D render before opening the panel.

Edit:
Worked after increasing the period value on the d3d render, so it can be done, it's just a bit tricky with timing and synchronize not wanting d3d render open.

Final Edit: It works but there's a danger to it.

1. synchronize open and activate
2. modelspace autokey on
3. open d3d render panel and uncheck everything
4. press render
5. restore to end synchronization
6. open model and see the baked keyframes

The bad part - everything that moves will get keyframes. not just the selected item.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 23:43
trueBlue wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 23:22
clintonman wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 23:09

Looks like you're right. I even checked the original version from 2012 and it didn't update the objects in the model view so it can't autokey them.
I'll add a note or something saying synchronize is required to bake keyframes.
I tried adding:
tSBridge.SynchronizeObject(Node.FirstSelected())
but trueSpace defiantly does not like it with your D3D Render script
It will bake keyframes if you run synchronize and d3d render at the same time. D3D render to drive the animation, synchronize to make model update and generate a keyframe.

Edit: Actually, let me double check that. I still have the 2012 version of D3d render installed

Nope, doesn't work with the newer D3D render and pressing the Synchronize button even forces you to close D3D render before opening the panel.

Edit:
Worked after increasing the period value on the d3d render, so it can be done, it's just a bit tricky with timing and synchronize not wanting d3d render open.
I'll give it another try upping the Period, but I found it to be unstable
I put that restriction on due to Protect Workspace
Open the D3D Render first, then Sychronize
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

clintonman wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 23:43 ...

2. modelspace autokey on
4. press render

The bad part - everything that moves will get keyframes. not just the selected item.
Cross post
I did another test and the period didn't matter.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 00:16

2. modelspace autokey on
4. press render

Cross post
That is because, Sychronize now synchronizes the whole scene verses selected object which caused problems
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 00:22
clintonman wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 00:16

2. modelspace autokey on
4. press render

Cross post
That is because, Sychronize now synchronizes the whole scene verses selected object which caused problems
The test I did was only 9 frames, didn't see any problems. Do the problems show itself with longer animations? and what are the problems?
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I'll get back to you with your questions after I test the modified D3D Render with Synchronize
Note: This is going to be moot given that this is not going to work with Special Meshes!

Here is the following notes before making modifications to your D3D Render

My previous posts with regards to your current, unmodified D3D Render:

1) So back to my original post, D3D Render's Protect Workspace does not seem to be working!
It is not restoring the Backup and or there is no way to Restore manually

2) D3D Render
You need to have Model open before you start the rendering process
Problem:
1) The Workspace scene will not be protected beforehand

You need to close Model before running Restore
2) Currently there is a MiscBackupData and MaterialsBackup node after the rendering process is complete
3) Now way to Restore after manually closing the Model View and or it does not work
4) Spot lights, Projector lights, and Camera's meshes get changed

Note: A docked Model view seems to stop trueSpace from crashing including switching layouts

Findings:
Removing the Protect Workspace from the D3D Render process made the process much faster!
Removing msdone.Select() from the python script made the process more stable and stops the object widget from flashing
Removing tSBridge.SynchronizeObject(msdone); made the process more stable, and the Model's Info panel from constantly updating
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 00:16 The test I did was only 9 frames, didn't see any problems. Do the problems show itself with longer animations? and what are the problems?
I did a few tests with 3 animated workspace objects, 60 frames
Sucess baking the Workspace animation into Model animations
After the third test, Workspace stopped responding after closing Model
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 00:56 I'll get back to you with your questions after I test the modified D3D Render with Synchronize
Note: This is going to be moot given that this is not going to work with Special Meshes!

Here is the following notes before making modifications to your D3D Render

My previous posts with regards to your current, unmodified D3D Render:

1) So back to my original post, D3D Render's Protect Workspace does not seem to be working!

2) D3D Render
You need to have Model open before you start the rendering process
Problem:
1) The Workspace scene will not be protected beforehand

You need to close Model before running Restore
2) Currently there is a MiscBackupData and MaterialsBackup node after the rendering process is complete
3) Now way to Restore after manually closing the Model View and or it does not work
4) Spot lights, Projector lights, and Camera's meshes get changed

Note: A docked Model view seems to stop trueSpace from crashing including switching layouts

Findings:
Removing the Protect Workspace from the D3D Render process made the process much faster!
Removing msdone.Select() from the python script made the process more stable and stops the object widget from flashing
Removing tSBridge.SynchronizeObject(msdone); made the process more stable, and the Model's Info panel from constantly updating
So I read the numbered items to mean that those are issues with current release version of the D3D render code. I'll reword them so you can tell if I understand or not and add my own comments to them

1)The D3D render setup will protect workspace backup but does not restore at the end - I can see that in the code, restore is not run in the code anywhere
The Restore button on protect workspace is not working. - if true then it's completely broken

2)If you open model view without running protect workspace backup then you don't get protection - I don't know of any way to replace manually opening model with a version that protects first. Nothing shows up in command or log when pressing the Model or Workspace tab items.

3)The Restore button does not work or it's not possible to press restore after closing model - if restore doesn't work backup won't help anything

4)Spot lights, Projector lights, and Camera's meshes get changed - haven't seen this, need a recipe or steps to reproduce. there is nothing in protect workspace that operates on meshes.

If I completely missed the mark let me know.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

What is meant by, "current release version of the D3D render code"?
Your unmodified version currently on your website?
Or the modified version in the currently released UU?

As said, I was referring to your unmodified version currently on your website

1) The D3D Render's Protect Workspace does not seem to be working!

The above three issues were resolved in the modified version in the currently released UU when using the Setup button script
Other modifications:
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 03:18 What is meant by, "current release version of the D3D render code"?
Your unmodified version currently on your website?
Or the modified version in the currently released UU?

As said, I was referring to your unmodified version currently on your website

1) The D3D Render's Protect Workspace does not seem to be working!

The above three issues were resolved in the modified version in the currently released UU when using the Setup button script
Other modifications:
Yep, completely missed the mark. Was wondering why you kept saying "your unmodified version" . This has nothing to do with the UU or it's documentation so better to move this conversation elsewhere.
Clinton Reese