A Travel Through History/ The Declaration of Indep

jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

A Travel Through History/ The Declaration of Indep

Post by jeffroig »

Well as some of you might know the History Channel is having an animation contest on aniboom.
I am not much into doing space scenes, although I found that for this contest a time machine going traveling through history would make a good story and provide some education possibly.
So here it is, take a look. This is a WIP and there is alot of room for improvement.

http://www.aniboom.com/animation-video/ ... h-History/

Here is another one more typical of my work animating a character.

http://www.aniboom.com/animation-video/ ... ependence/
Finis
Captain

Re: A Travel Through History/ The Declaration of Indep

Post by Finis »

Looks good. The speaker's lips look like wiggles instead of words (a wip now of course) but the wiggles are coordinated well with the voice. I think it needs more movement or action. Not sure how to work that in there though.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I would get his hands involved in the speech. Politicians
LOVE talking with their hands.
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Maybe I can use my oinker award from the KinFolk next to him to show all the fat..
This is just a first run as the contest progresses then I will be required to produce a more quality work.
I thought about putting Steinie in the time machine with a cigar in his mouth... Just joking.
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

I was very disappointed by aniboom few years ago. I posted some animations and I was insulted by many people. Here is one of the many comments I received:

"You are deceitful and extremely gratest one. Depending your poor English please do not misunderstand this comment. Deceitful means cheater, liar, dishonest. Why you are deceitful? In normal ways It is impossible to get these points. Most of us educated and professional animators and we know what is what. Now!!! What will you do? YOU ARE GOING TO STOP CHEATING."

I banned this site full of disrespectful people who believe they are the best even if we find here some good artist.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I don't understand why they thought you were cheating.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Steve »

Loving how that guy's grammar and spelling is a load of crap too. Aniboom is the Youtube or deviant art of the 3D sites, you're garunteed spam no matter the animation you upload. It seems that you may have uploaded your animations in the wrong category and thus got better marks for the animation as they were judged differently

Similar things happen with deviant art, something called "Daily deviations", they're considered holy to people who'll never get them because it gives them ever so valuable pageviews, of course some people don't understand why a certain piece got nominated for these deviations, and thus decide to spam, aptly known as DArama (play on "drama" just in case you wonder).
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

So the "points" Marcel's accuser referred to are some kind of score based on visitor votes or comments? He is being accused of artificially inflating his score?
Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Steve »

aeyup, became most popular on the site or something and someone took the hump, that happens in every communtiy such as aniboom
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

What "hump" mean? As the guy said i have a poor english and he is right. We can only vote one time on Aniboom. I probably asked 20,000 friends to vote for me. :mrgreen:
Finally it does not matter. Disrespectful Critics are often made by those who do nothing. Fortunately this forum is used by people friendly who do a lot of good work. Sorry Jeffroig to use your thread to post these comments. I see you use Particule illusion. It is a good soft for the post production. I use it for my animations too.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr