KinFolk an American

jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

KinFolk an American

Post by jeffroig »

If you have seen any of the previous characters I have created such as LeeRoy and Cleotis you might of wondered what I was up to. Well they are part of a new upcoming animation called KinFolk an American family with real life struggles. Here is the newest character the sister to LeeRoy and cousin to Cleotis her name is LoraLee.
Attachments
LoraLee.jpg
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: KinFolk an American

Post by jeffroig »

Here is the opening scene to the animation, still working on it to some degree, it most likely wont change much from what you see here. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxgFsBzKjEU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxgFsBzKjEU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Mr. 3d

Post by Mr. 3d »

This Is Folk'n COOL !!! 8-) I Likes It !!! You're shooting for that Fox deal !!! I'll be glad to help when you get famous !!! ;) :lol:
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

We'll thank ya much for the compliment and good words.
My thought behind it is that if I was to win and get a contract I would want to continue the work in TS and would be grabbing all that I could from here to do animation and various other things to work on the project.
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Largest oinker :lol:
I like it a lot..

:bananacheers:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

I want to give some insight to the story behind KinFolk.
With the current economic times and financial stress this family has stayed true to each other in the time of need. LeeRoy lost his job at the mill and their farm has fallen on hard times, first with the loss of his and LoraLee's parents. Then they had to sell their truck to make their house payment, there has been no rain for several weeks and the crops are dead and the well is just about dry. CleOtis their cousin was severly affected with the passing of LeeRoy and LoraLee's parents and has not spoken a word since. CleOtis is the classic outdoorsman as he can hunt and kill anything and can out fish anyone. The three of them work together on a daily basis to keep going and every evening at supper time LeeRoy prays that the Man in the Big House will see the country through its hard times and his job at the mill will once again resume so he can buy CleOtis a new pair of shoes and put food on the table. Here is the last sample video that I will be posting before the project is done. Once completed I will upload the full version to youtube so that others can view it. I hope you all enjoy. This is a quick render so the quality is not the best, this is a test scene to see how the character fits in with the background and to check the camera angle.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wwY86hcEUSQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wwY86hcEUSQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Very nice work Jeff!
This is a WIP so I'll treat it as such. I'm guessing my suggestions might be late
but here goes.
The Name/sign on the tree in the opening credits could be outlined with a color to make it
stand out better.
A huge pumpkin busting out of it's frame.
Pealing wallpaper.
Have some of the frames crooked.
Have the deer's eyes looking at the gun on his left.
Also the Character's hands would look more natural if all their fingers curled slightly.
(Just look at your own hands in a relaxed pose, their not straight)
Walking down the dirt road looks really great however if some of the scenery would sway slightly
I think it could be better.

Is this a comedy or a serious story about how this family must return to pioneering roots to survive?
These are my thought I know you like getting. Really awesome work and this project really has something going for it.
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

Hey Steinie,
Always good to hear your improvements.
Yes it is a WIP.
Good thoughts on the crooked picture frames will do that.
The letters in the final piece are outlines to make it more visible.
The character will actually be moving his hands/arms more in the final render.
The story is a comedy with some serious overtones, I am trying to make it a hearwarming type that associates itself with everyone and the problems from day to day.
Due to time limitations I might not be able to show all of this but atleast get the base portion in place to set a mold for the animation.
My wife who has a natural southern accent will be doing the voice for LoraLee.
The music is being done by my father-n-law and the story line comes from a combination of my father n laws past and my moms past.
splinters
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by splinters »

Did I see pepe in there?

Like what I have seen so far...looking forward to more!!
jeffroig
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by jeffroig »

The Kinfolk struggle is over. Here is the completed video of Kinfolk. This is my submission for the Fox/Aniboom contest. Take a look and let me know you thoughts.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/adpRSpnX5sE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/adpRSpnX5sE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]