Images from the new world

marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Images from the new world

Post by marcel »

The result (see the method on the previous page). The cam pass through for the animation. The plants are 3d animated. The water will be animated in post production and i will add some animated grass on the rocs with a soft for particules.
Attachments
paradis.jpg
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Awesome plants and animals.
marcel wrote:The plants are 3d animated.
Where did you get the 3D plants? Did you make them?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

how would you animate that water?

btw: i should learn to combine a different apps like you... thats what I usually dont do.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

@Finis: if i remember some plants are made with differents specialized soft that i tried or TS. for some other i don't remember. but all these plants can be made with TS without difficulty.
@biktar: animated water with the frog is 3d scene with TS. i use mesh, key frame and animated map). For the forest i will use Particleillusion over the video.
The number of soft is not important. you need to find what is good for you. just try many soft and choose what you like. the most important is the way you use to create. don't try to do every thing in real 3d if there is a better way. Don't use the best tool if they are difficult for you. don't try to do as other do. When i show a method it is only to give you an idea to find your own method. when you will have your method, you will see the work different. the most important is the result. only the result. A wip is not a manual. it is to show how we work.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

i usually prepare something in 2D (when needed) and finally use it inside od tS (on a plane or extrude it, use as a displacement whatever). For instance: I use rather particles in tS than having external particle postprocess tool. But as I see it can be really powerfull and maybe easier/faster to do. The same as I saw some tool to add animated water effects - I would make an animated bump map or something instead of using that postprocess tool, which can look very cool. Maybe I should try it. Change my habbits a bit, although iam the "old dog" in it. I use truespace even when its more complicated, obviously, instead of using external tools, that can handle it with more ease.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

For an animated water you can use 2 levels: first un real 3d surface with animation of the mesh, second a bump map animated for more small detail. In this way you don't need many detailed surface and avoid too many polygons. To match both levels, the animated mesh and the animated bump need to have the same direction of the movments. The visual speed of the water result of the addition of both movments. I use when it needed a third level in post process with ParticleIllusion. As you see each level is made by a different soft. Don't forget to use hdri for the refflect of the animated water.