Truespace & Blender

RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Truespace & Blender

Post by RAYMAN »

The best approach is the multi tool aproach with a few tools! Blender is awsome and Im using it all the time! The cycles render engine as well as eevee are great! I just use a different workflow nowadays.. and that includes TS!
Modeling in Blender is in some cases to basic!
To be effective in working with 3d and getting enough done in time you need to streamline your workflow! I do a lot of kitbashing these days.. and I therefore use a cad tool plus Sketchup.. because every piece that you are working with inside Sketchup can be made into an instance! Its about the size of things you are creating! I also use Vue stream because I learned how to use eco systems for building detailed models!....
The trick in 3d to get things done is a) Let the software do the population.. and b) Make and reuse you own premade kits through kitbashing!
Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Prodigy »

Hi Guys, this is my latest Truespace Keymap compatible with Blender 2.93.2

F1 - Toggle between Wireframe Solid etc..
Z - Move
X - Rotate
C - Scale
2 Left View
3 Front View
4 Top View
5 Right View
6 Back View
7 Bottom View
Sup - Reset View
Del - Delete

(In Edit Mode)
Left Click - Select Face, Vertex or Edge
B - Knife
M - Merge
H - Delete Face
J - Delete Edge
K - Delete Vertex
L - Select All

Mouse Movements:
Left Click - Select
Right Click - Edit Mode
Middle Btn Hold - Rotate
Middle Btn DblClick - Center Object
Middle Btn Wheel In Out - Zoom In Out
Ctrl + Middle Btn - Pan
Shift + Middle Btn - Mouse View in Any Direction + Navigate with keys A S D W Q E (Use Shift to Increase Speed)

How to Install it:
Unzip the file,
Open Blender
Edit -> Preferences..
Keymap -> Import..
Attachments
TSBlender2.93.2.zip
(6.34 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

oh great... thank you so much!
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

You're welcome, not sure who will use it, but to me it was the only way to use blender without starting from scratch.. :bananathumb:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

exactly... I welcome anything to make Blend tS-like, anything that can bridge the gap between those two and anything that connects those two.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
the_ant
Chief Petty Officer

Post by the_ant »

Thanks Prodigy

using blender (or bforartists) like tSp is one of my best dreams (love tSp-modelside interface sooo much)

i will give it a try...but the question is: -i have blender (2.93.4) and bforartists (2.9.3) last versions in my laptop.. :bananatyping:

can i install your config on these versions? :bananahi:
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

to be honest? not sure, but give it a try.. i tried bforartists and is cool but i get some errors so decided to work on blender only.
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Prodigy is here! :worship:

I don't use TS any more but I appreciate efforts like this to help those still using it to 'expand their horizons' to other tools too. Also appreciate Clintonman and trueBlue keeping TS alive.

Blender's strengths are price and power. It does a lot for free. It is not artist friendly, at least until you have adequate skill and understanding of it, but it is no longer user vicious. The newer user interface is much better. You don't have to memorize quintillions of hot keys. I hardly know any of them. I like the Daz-like navigation widgets it has now. But it is certainly no TS. It is not a program you can learn by using it. Expect to study. Tutorial videos are great for getting started.

I prefer to learn new things in their pure form. This unleashes the full power of a tool, increases my adaptability and versatility by approaching a goal (CG in this case) in different ways, and expands my knowledge with things that weren't part of other tools.

Prodigy, how is Amelia going? Are you rich yet?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Still using TS for modeling, i found a good workflow using TS for modeling, then export it to blender as dae format. Blender still complex, but at the moment was the only software that allows me to simulate pretty well the tS UI in a way that i can use it..

Not rich enough yet! Hehehe.. :lol: Soon my friend.. soon! :bananaguitar:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑