Widgets and Objects dissapear / New PC build

skyrider718
Marine
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Widgets and Objects dissapear / New PC build

Post by skyrider718 »

I recently put together a new pc with a 2011 chipset, an Intel 3970 CPU, 32g Ram and a Nvidea Geforce 770 video card. OS is windows 8 64bit. Installed TS7.6 which I have used for the past 3 years. The application loads fine and recent projects all load fine, but as soon as I touch the navigational widget the objects spin out of view or slide out of view. Basically, anything I touch disappears.

I didn't think this would be such a difficult bugger. I really would like to continue using TS76, but it is impossible with this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rhino169
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Re: Widgets and Objects dissapear / New PC build

Post by Rhino169 »

I basically built the same computer in November 2013 and I have loaded everything as far as Truespace goes from 6.6 and 7.61 and I have not experienced this problem.

I have a 7800 nvidia graphics card and maybe a quad 3960 core I believe with windows 8.1.

I know this isn't answering your question...just mentioning things seem fine for TS on my end.

Only thing that makes any sense to me is maybe the mouse sensativity settings are getting hijacked some how? Do you have the older TS6.6 to try?
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

tS7.6 Workspace or Model widgets?
With regards to Workspace, the standard installation installs two identical widgets (duplicates) in the Workspace. The tS7.6 Unofficial update fixes this issue. I am not saying this will fix your issue but it might help.
viewforum.php?f=55" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by marcel »

On model side you can see on the preferences if the tablet compatibility mode is enabled or not. Disable if you use a mouse.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr