MMC JULY 2011 - Hero's/Villain's Secret Hideout

Monthly Modeling Contest
Breech Block
Master Chief Petty Officer

MMC JULY 2011 - Hero's/Villain's Secret Hideout

Post by Breech Block »

Monthly Modelling Competition - July 2011

Theme: A Hero's\Villain's Secret Hideout.

Every hero or villain needs his own pad where he can quietly plot to save/destroy the world. Batman has his Batcave. Superman has his Fortress Of Solitude. And Bond villains seem to have cornered the market when it comes to hollowed-out volcanoes. So this months community challenge is to bring just such places into the 3D realm. There is a huge range of movie\TV\comic book material out there on the web to help inspire you or you can come up with your own amazing and unique design.

The Rules:

1) Use your own models made for this MMC. No pre-made, purchased, or free models except plants and trees.
2) Using programs or plugins that generate trees, plants, buildings, etc. is allowed.
3) Use any 3D and 2D programs that you have licenses for. 2D programs may be be used for supporting functions such as making textures, post processing for lighting etc., combining with photo background, special effects ...
4) Optional but HIGHLY recommended. Make a work in progress (WIP) thread for your contest entry. Post a link to your WIP in this thread.
5) Post your final image submission in this thread. One image no larger than 800 x 600.
6) You may create as many contest entries as you like but each must be a separate project with its own models, WIP, and final image.

Dates and Deadlines:
The competition begins today Sunday 3rd July and ends Sunday July 31st 2011 at midnight in your part of the world.

Organization:

Main Contest Thread, this thread, is reserved for the theme, rules and the posting by contestants of their final images and WIP links.

Comments Thread. A thread for general comments and discussion or rule queries will be created for this MMC.

Poll Thread. The Poll Thread will appear mid-day on August 1st when voting for the winner will be thrown open to all community members.
darkmage
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Re: MMC JULY 2011 - Hero's/Villain's Secret Hideout

Post by darkmage »

hi guys here we have my entry The Wizards Isle

by way just in case you think he would get cold in winter, He actualy has a cave inside. :lol:
Attachments
cave2.jpg
rjeff
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by rjeff »

Posted this on my wip as well, but maybe it will be easier to find here.

This is my Orbital Defense Station. This houses all the brave space marines that fight all over the universe.

The ship attaced to the bottom of it is a Automated Attack Drone. These guys are always at the ready and lock on to the disticnt signatures of the enemy ships and help to defend the ODS, a well they can go on the offensive and warp to other places and help defeat bad guys.
Attachments
test.jpg
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

see fortress and its submarine garage - the only way to get there ;)

Last edited by bitkar on 29 Jul 2011, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

My final entry for this MMC

DARK FORTRESS

Walk by faith, not by sight.
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

heheheh nice James! I like it! :D :worship: