SMC #68: Christmas Crazy Critter: COMMENTS

Speed Model Challenge Thread.
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

SMC #68: Christmas Crazy Critter: COMMENTS

Post by Draise »

Fell absolutely free to post any jargon, talk, chatter, banter, chat, comments about your Crazy Christmas Critters! I'd love to hear the discussion. =)
Last edited by Draise on 02 Dec 2011, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
Draise
Captain

Re: SMC #68: Crazy Christmas Critter: COMMENTS

Post by Draise »

Ah, the prize you can win for the best Christmas crazy critter has images collected from Deviant Art, other prortfolio websites and Tumblr; among other random sources. Themes include science fiction, cg pinup girls and illustrations, fantasy, landscapes and cityscapes.

I take no credit or ownership of other peoples art, and simply wish to promote them.

:D

Hope you win!
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: SMC #68: Christmas Crazy Critter: COMMENTS

Post by Steinie »

Good topic! I'll see what I can dream up for this challenge...
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Good topic. Probably too busy but maybe I can do something.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Yay! Hope you can compete Finis, you're good at this stuff. =)

I have a question. Since i'm hosting the SMC, does that mean I can't compete? Or can I compete and just not vote for me?
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

You can do what you want to. (It is like the TV show Lost. You are in charge of the island and have the power.)

Prodigy didn't enter when he won SMC's because his ability is so awesome that he won all the time.

Some make an unofficial project that isn't entered in the poll.

I don't do an entry when I run a challenge. When I'm a contestant I will vote for my entry if I honestly think it is the best.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

I always try to enter a rendering if I'm running a MMC or SMC but I let it be known that it cannot win. If it does receive the most votes then second place gets to run the next one.
Steinie
Captain

Post by Steinie »

My SMC WIP will be at this location:
http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... 145#p31145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I plan on continuing beyond the SMC to create my Christmas Card for this year.
Now you can all follow along! So get out the eggnog, put a log on the fire and roast your
chestnuts cause Steinie's comin to town!
(insert Holiday singing here)
:bananaclaus:
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Everyone enter the SMC.

In hopes of increasing participation in challenges lets try just one challenge at a time to funnel all participants together. No MMC for a while*. The idea is that the winner picks the theme and makes the rules, as usual, and now also sets the type of the next challenge (like an MMC or an SMC or a texture challenge, lighting challenge, etc.)

Draise: If you agree with beginning a single challenge system with this SMC (you are SMC king right now so it is up to you) then modify your rules to note that the winner also determines the nature of the next challenge.

I suggest it be called the U3DA Challenge starting with the next one ... as long as there is just one anyway.

Steinie: put your entry in the main SMC thread.

*If we do this then the winner of this SMC could make the next challenge MMC-like if he wants.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I entered. Urban Chameleon is a wild creature suited to urban life. He can change color and partially change shape to blend in.

The model started from an eight sided cylinder. Point editing added legs and modified the head. Textures are made from the photos. I clone brushed a sign out of the background photo and added a stop sign from another. The urban chameleon was rendered with a white background and a shadow catcher and layered onto the image in Paint Shop. I separated the shadow and adjusted it to better blend with the image.