trueServe - brief instructions on environment configuration

Start here all your tutorials for Truespace Worskpace Side.
BooxieMalone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BooxieMalone »

Hi folks,

here it is! The present final version of my

Router & Server prerequisites for trueServe761b8

New: 12 Points Quickstep Checklist

Thanks to the invaluable help of Froo, who made the screenshots and editing.

HTH

-BM.

ps: coloured the title in yellow, that you don't get the blues :mrgreen:

Edit 11/02/09: Cayenne had problems with the original PDF file. So I made an update - converted same File with newer PDF-Version - now more convenient to use, 'cause you can scroll straight down. :)

Edit 11/04/09: Read also about a new 2-POINTS-CHECKLIST from recently tests in the following post:

http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... 9171#p9171" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
trueServe_brief instruction_environment configuration_09a.zip
(435.33 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Last edited by BooxieMalone on 04 Nov 2009, 01:19, edited 2 times in total.
3dvisuals dude
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: trueServe - brief instructions on environment configuration

Post by 3dvisuals dude »

Thank you a lot for doing this Booxie! :bananacheers:

It's deeply appreciated and I'll be diving into it soon when I put my own server or two online this week. :)
Image "Advantage is had from whatever is there, but usefulness arises from whatever is not." - Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching - 500 BC) Image
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Thanks Booxie maybe that's what I'm looking for to set up my server, I'll try to follow it today... Stay tunned at the Trueserver Set Up Prop² because I'll post my doubts and problems there.

Many Many thanks :worship:
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
BooxieMalone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BooxieMalone »

Hey guys, you're welcome, glad to help ... :D

I really hope, that this little piece will help clearing up a few things.

Good Luck to everyone going to setup a server.

Sorry I have to say it once, 'cause it was conjectured elsewhere:

Dear friends,

I have to announce with regret, that mine will not be available publicly - this dsl line of mine drives me almost grazy :twisted:
384kb/s! 8-9 hundred disruptions a month, means 30 a day - and the most annoying thing is, I cant buy an extention (momentanious limit is 2GB traffic, in fact of my immemorial contract), 'cause they can't deliver adequate bandwith, which the most actual offers (flatrates) are tied to. That's it! And that is already come true future of 2010, 2011 ... :?: :?: :?: If those really nice transmitters made by 3dvd would work here, I'd say "beam me up scotty..."

Regards
-BM.
3dvisuals dude
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by 3dvisuals dude »

:D I wish i had real teleporters too my friend, I would use them constantly! :D

Yes DSL is a dinosaur which most of the world is still saddled with unfortunately. It is always marketed as screaming fast, but it sure doesn't take long after purchasing to discover that nothing could be farther from the truth. I feel for you... I may be moving north soon myself to a location with no cable internet, and i dread the thought, having become so utterly addicted to cable speed and reliability and bandwidth ease for so many years now here.

Roman used to get furious when this issue was discussed in shared spaces because he had a clear grasp of the genuine politics behind it all, in California especially. I am not knowledgeable in that myself, but from what I gleaned from overhearing a few such discussions in shared space, there are a handful of people on the planet who could change this senseless limitation overnight and simply won't. Such limitations deeply injure what should be the natural pace of technological advancement of course, but when there is a largescale problem that seems to drag on eluding solutions, the logical money trail usually leads to the source of the problem. Someone is getting fat off our suffering.

By the way... when the cable TV Industry lobbied Congress here to lay down all the fiber optic networks coast to coast, seeking a fortune in tax funding and getting it... they did so on the promise of the industry that the tax payers "would always have FREE digital access to the fiber networks they paid for via US Taxes." Yeah right... and Government run healthcare will be free too, assuming you live long enough to actually get it and assuming Congress hasn't already factored in a trillion ways to make us all pay through the nose for it year after year. Don't you love lying politicians?

I brought this free data access Cable Industry Promise up to a local Cable TV company Manager in their office one day, brought a friend along to witness their reaction... we were both politely ushered out the door by security. ;)

Well... here's to praying for worldwide free cable!
Image "Advantage is had from whatever is there, but usefulness arises from whatever is not." - Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching - 500 BC) Image
BooxieMalone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BooxieMalone »

Hi 3dvd,

you've expressed exactly what I'm feeling. I like your kind of comments! :worship:

But I really fear "praying" would not be enough. Might help if we'd drop the "r"? :mrgreen:

-BM.
Cayenne
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Cayenne »

I tried to read the pdf , but it makes my adobe reader crash everytime i try to open it.

using adobe reader 9.2
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Here NP Cayenne, Tried with Foxit and Adobe Reader 9. BTW this is really well done! :worship:
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
BooxieMalone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BooxieMalone »

Hi Cayenne,

sorry to hear that.

I made an update - converted same File with newer PDF-Version - now more convenient to use, 'cause you can scroll straight down. :)
(So good for everyone setting up a server)

Hope that will work for you.

See first post, exchanged file:
http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... 8820#p8820" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@ leonregis
you're welcome and thanks for your evaluation :D

Regards
-BM.
3dvisuals dude
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by 3dvisuals dude »

thanks Booxie! :worship: :D