Czech hikes and adventures

A place where have some extra fun..
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Czech hikes and adventures

Post by Finis »

... patiently staying tuned.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

ohya... I have been mostly out of free time recently... and its not gonna get better for like two more weeks.

Next week I have my main week-long vacation - i will go hiking for around 4 days or so to woods. If I will make some videos or photos, i make too much and process too little :D its gonna get better some day tho.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Ok, so in the meantime... I had a vacation, so I did some hiking in the most god forgotten places of CZ. It is one of the biggest forest areas in the west called Český les (literally - The Czech Forrest). Its uninhabited and very virgin/pure nature mostly because it was part of the iron curtain. In a history there were villages but most of them were destroyed to make a "safe zone" against evil empiralistic western powers... or more like a "forbidden zone" so ppl cannot emigrate out of the communist hell. But its (for our measures) pretty huge and pur forrest nowadays.
I saw there was a tourist trail throughout the whole forrest nort/south all the way. It was about 100 km. So that was supposed to be my vacation - hike 100 km in a pure nature, sleep in the forrest and such.
So I did and it was awesome. This part of CZ is not a big tourist attraction because there is literally almost nothing. So I was really all alone. During my journey I met ONE dude with a backpak and two couples of older bikers on a bike trail. But I did not go all 100 km. At about 40th I noticed that my boots are starting to break apart. My outsoles were coming off the boots basically. So I ended my hike in the middle at the border town with the Germany. I took a bus and a train home... maybe I will do the other half later.

Quite a shame. It was really nice, I ate tons of different berries, all was so quiet, calm, green, relaxing...

Here is a video I made:
https://youtu.be/0gQXiCrS-go

Here is the photo gallery that complements the video:
http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16577993587157
Michal aka bitkar
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

and finally the photos from the aviation museum Kbely:
http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16579823945153

I definatly recomend visiting the museum if you ever come close to it. Photos dont make it justice and I could not shoot every single thing there is.
Ofc everyone is welcome to CZ and if you need any help coming, count on me.
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Saw the video. Too tired, much work, to comment much now so more later. I liked its film-like presentation as well as the beautiful scenery and camp set ups. Will look at photos soon.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

just a short test of the new boots
http://lychee.michalgrega.cz/#16593815402235

at Kokořínsko again. Just a small adhoc trip to rocky area. They are very comfy right from the getgo.
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

New boots look good. Durable design. Lots of interesting rock formations there.

That video! Watched again. Very cinematic. And the place: beautiful! Consider going far from trails, buildings, etc. if you return. Who are the people who have the memorial around 3 min 15 sec?

Hike photos: Water, green, nature! It is interesting that displays, markers, rest spots are in good condition. In many places in the US vandals would harm them. Exploring abandoned buildings is not so easy here either. Cameras, gangs, homeless, fences, sealed up sometimes. Keep out signs. Most that are on remote public land are fenced. An unused fire tower in the mountains was open to climb up.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

new boots are Czech military original boots (current issue), so far, so good (leather+goretex membrane).

that dude with memorial was a policeman that died trying to defend CZ against nazis in 1938. (I dont know the details)... oh and btw: that remaining metal and concrete at it is the actual iron curtain. This whole area was forbidden, thats why its so remote.

urbex: It depends, some objects are completely abandoned, some are fenced, some are fenced and have alarms (motion sensors or cameras)... Generally I try not to go where electricity is/might be (usually in or near cities, so police can be there fast). Usually its either secured or its neglected so there is some way in already and no body cares (i never create way in). Also homeless or gangs are not in the middle of forrest, but rather in the cities.
Michal aka bitkar
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

bitkar wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 19:52 ...just a short test of the new boots...

...at Kokořínsko again. Just a small adhoc trip to rocky area. They are very comfy right from the getgo.
bitkar wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 10:50 ...and finally the photos from the aviation museum Kbely:
Loved the pictures from the aviation museum and the nature where you went for a hike looks lovely as well!
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

thanks dude :)
Michal aka bitkar