It's now time to make some good money??

A place where have some extra fun..
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Re: It's now time to make some good money??

Post by v3rd3 »

How can we hook up to look at the English language version. That would be best done early.

There are some free team collaboration software available. We could set that up to start putting some structure to the project. I will run through my suppliers list and look for the best options. I will post my suggestions here.=

Everyone involved in the project must understand up front that none of us are accepting legal liability for tasks unless we accept that liability in writing prior to accepting any undertaking. Any work done for free is done with the best intentions without assuming any liability.

For now I can work on the language part, I can review the software itself and any documentation.

Exciting project.

I will work on a marketing plan for Canada and seek out some media contacts.

Another point to consider is the capacity of the applicaton. 582K elements is a lot but for US and Canada most TV stations are part of large corporations and they are likely required to be part of the corporate data system. There are local and smaller stations in the marketplace and we can try to sell to them. If you want to go after the bigger fish you might want to consider a larger pool. We don't need to code it now but be prepared to explain how the product can be scaled up.
Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Prodigy »

Hi guys, about the trademark that's good to know that, i will contact a software lawyer to know more about that..

About that 500k is lot but not that much, its true, compared with YouTube, but for example, in my last job they had < 300k of videos.. and its a channel with 50 years of experience. So 500k it shows that can handle more than what they've got and that's just a demo. :bananaguitar: Sure it can handle more than that, but i can't keep adding more and more content to show that it works.. :lol:

I will give access to anyone that want to test it, we can create a discord or something to talk about, and Other thing, is the server is a dual xenon 2U that is turned on only when i need to do testing with large datasets, have to think how give access to you without having it all the day on and maybe while nobody is using it.. :!:

Thanks for all the support, i really appreciate.
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

I'm a bit late to the party as always. Interesting idea Prodigy. Is Amelia designed primarily to handle large quantities of raw and/or edited video footage or could it be used for any file type?

There are no doubt quite a few media management software/api's out there already so it may be worth looking into wether you should diversify or go more niche if you want to sell it internationally.

I'm always running out of cash so if there's any task you need done specific to my skillset, I'd be happy to jump in but I am rather curious what the plan of action is right now.
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Prodigy we should probably move to discord for the time being. Putting all the details on a public server could be awkward.
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Hi guys,
v3rd3 wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 12:18 Prodigy we should probably move to discord for the time being. Putting all the details on a public server could be awkward.
Agree. will give some details today.
MikomDude wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 09:00 I'm a bit late to the party as always. Interesting idea Prodigy. Is Amelia designed primarily to handle large quantities of raw and/or edited video footage or could it be used for any file type?

There are no doubt quite a few media management software/api's out there already so it may be worth looking into wether you should diversify or go more niche if you want to sell it internationally.

I'm always running out of cash so if there's any task you need done specific to my skillset, I'd be happy to jump in but I am rather curious what the plan of action is right now.
--> The first part, yes, handle almost all video image and audio files. Documents is on development, but when i talk about documents, like scanned files, pdfs, maybe docs.. and i was thinking to add support to rar, zip and exe files.. but that in future..

media management software--> not like this one.. the only one that i think has something like this, is the bbc and they develop the system by themselves ..
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Here's the discord channel
https://discord.gg/CNHW49dy

Or just send me a PM
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Any updates?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Hi all,

Few updates. Added support to some new languages French and Catalan.

The most important step forward was the installation of a third-party proprietary software that gives full licensing control.. Cost some $$$$ but worth the money. I think that was the mayor and final step to close 2.5.

I cleaned up the UI, fixed some minor bugs and to be honest, i feel very very confident about this release.
Next goal: End and release the website and finish the User manual.

I wont bother others here adding updates about something is nor 3D related.. Hope to have the time to back to do 3D like in the past.. again, if anyone wants to know more about it, PM or mail me. so i can send you the discord channel to talk more about it and to discuss the business model.

Here we are on summer so the market is very "quiet", im focused on the rest of the world where are not in vacation mode..
I work from 8m to 2am every single day.
Advice: Love what you do :bananaguitar: + lot of Hard Work :bananatyping: + stay positive.. :bananacool2:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Are you rich yet? How is this project going?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

Not Rich Yet.. :lol:

The local market is very small. The project is good, but it's difficult to offer software for a television channel to companies or individuals who don't understand why they need a media management software.

Currently, I'm implementing an assistant with an LLM like ChatGpt, which is very useful for performing tasks automatically. However, if I'm the only one using it, it doesn't make sense to invest time.

The server is currently running with over 800K videos, images, and audios. Clearly, it solves the mayority of the problems that most people with a large amount of material face.

But, as I was saying, there are only 3 television channels here. There is no culture of investing in technology, and going outside is very difficult. Creating good software is difficult. Selling it, even more!. :lol:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑