Re: Steinie's U3DA Game "What is it?"

Post by RAYMAN »

Poland? Warsaw?
MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by MikomDude »

So far I've been able to narrow it down to probably Moscow based on the blue bus and elevation although it's probably somewhere outside the city centre, Moscow is massive.
Other than that... Manhole cover confirms Russia or the Baltic region but ultimately was a dead end. The theatre/cinema/museum at street nr 31 was also hard to find. Architecture in Russia is about as monotonous as it gets so... not much of a clue there and the statues/monument, still working on it...
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

good job mikom... if only we found that big dark building or that tall building with that flag... :-/ I tried even latin america, but it doesnt seem like it. I thought Bulgaria alot, but no luck there too. I dont have too much time for that tho.

this dude did it well:
https://youtu.be/k-5J0kL7aRs
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Red flag on the bottom suggests poland!
LG looks like Warsaw from the size and type of buildings...it is an eastern country!
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

New buses in Warsaw are blue.. flag is red in the bottom with a red coat of arms in the middle!

https://erticonetwork.com/warsaw-rolls- ... et-poland/
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

RAYMAN wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 16:28 Red flag on the bottom suggests poland!
LG looks like Warsaw from the size and type of buildings...it is an eastern country!
True, but the flags look like they may have been photoshopped a bit to throw us off. At least the ones on the street light poles. Russian flag also has red at the bottom and white at the top, only thing to do is to remove the blue in between. Maybe I'm overthinking things...

If not then it does seem to be Poland going by the flag but they don't write in the cyrillic alphabet and the letters on the cinema/theatre do look cyrillic due to they square shape, although I can't make them out even if I could read cyrillic.

Also, I'd like to point out the manhole cover is a sewage type cover only found in former soviet states.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Maybe it is soviet and a polish building..there?
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

RAYMAN wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 17:36 Maybe it is soviet and a polish building..there?
Could be. If only we could see the text on the posters.
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

One poster is a Black Widow poster:
image_b97b56f3.jpg
So, cinema confirmed I guess?
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

MikomDude wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 17:06flags look like they may have been photoshopped a bit to throw us off. At least the ones on the street light poles.
Nothing was altered or done to mislead. I did try to avoid clues that would be too easy. Actions were: reduced the image size to obscure text (and make file smaller), selected this frame of video because it had little readable text or obvious clues, screen cap a video so image search wouldn't be too useful*.

*I tried Bing image search on portions of the image but only found this city once and it was among many and varied other results.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker