Steinie's U3DA Game "What is it?"

A place where have some extra fun..
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Steinie's U3DA Game "What is it?"

Post by bitkar »

maybe its an emgassy building or the compression is really bad, so one stripe is not obvious... i dont know

but poland has EU reg. plates:
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/e ... 3adad3.jpg

I think its somewhere east-south europe. But who knows, I will also check north africa maybe??? or just scan thru major russian cities.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Label your official answers with something like 'final' or 'official' to distinguish them from chatter. No hurry, investigate as long as you want. Of course you can change 'final' answers until this what-is-it is over.

-- This what-is-it will end when all participants have a 'final' answer or have withdrawn. --

Do y'all want confirmation if anyone has or does pick the right country?

The poster is not clearly shown in the video but I would give it > 80% to be Black Widow.

I tested image search with Tineye. Nothing found.
Last edited by Finis on 25 Sep 2021, 02:42, edited 5 times in total.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

I'm gonna stick with some part of Moscow.

...otherwise somewhere in Poland but no clue where.

I don't have time to investigate all of these but here are some more candidates, for various specific reasons (mainly flags):

Krakov
Wroclaw
Vienna
Monaco
Gibraltar City
Frankfurt
Strasbourg
Jakarta
Tallinn
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

No Vienna! No Monaco! I know every corner in Vienna and Monte Carlo Monaco...! Although there is a building like the one on the right in Strassbourg ..near to the trainstation..I would know the rest in the meantime.. of Strassbourg! :lol: :mrgreen:
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

'Final' answers so far (no hurry and change them until this one is over):
Bitkar - pending
Mikom - Moscow
Rayman - pending
Steinie - pending

If anyone else is playing then post something so you are known.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Ok im nailing it down and its a political answer this time!
The guy in the suit and the guy in his clothing looks like USA! The flag might be a diplomatic thing.. the movie is american but globalised..so could be anywhere..and the buildings look like Europa..and some of the buildings Soviet!
So its the Soviet Republic of USA....the People work for 5c because they cant get more.... and are forced to against the own will! Its globalised...the cars are small but quite frankly look US.....! Heck in 1972 that picture would have landed itself in Hoovers FBI files..! :mrgreen: :lol:
I dont want to think about how Huawai would change the world in the future but I m glad Im 60 this year..because what is to come sux big time! You guys know how I think about a.i. and progress!😏 I call myself a every tech oriented person.. with lots of sympathy for progress..!😄
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Finis: I got it!!! Shall i post streetview of the exact location? Or you want others to keep searching? I know exactly where it is. Or i can post almost the same pic, from the same spot, so i will not spoil it...? Or i can show the cinema just as a proof :)
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

bitkar wrote: 26 Sep 2021, 21:54Finis: I got it!!! Shall i post streetview of the exact location? Or you want others to keep searching? I know exactly where it is. Or i can post almost the same pic, from the same spot, so i will not spoil it...? Or i can show the cinema just as a proof :)
Congratulations Bitkar! With the exact location not just the city! Smart to use StreetView. Let's let Steinie get his own answer before reveal so post your non-spoiler pic. I'll list your final answer as 'correct location' until all answers are in. (I hope you aren't neglecting practical things to search. I spent all day eating tacos and surfing the web instead of paperwork for my job.)

'Final' answers so far (no hurry and change them until this one is over):
Bitkar - Correct Location
Mikom - Moscow
Rayman - Soviet Republic USA, unspecified city
Steinie - pending

If anyone else is playing then post something so you are known.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

ok, this should not spoil it. I used streetview at the end of the process. I searched for things in the photo to find the location. Streetview was to confirm that. We have some days off due to national holiday, so it was ok to search :)
Attachments
location.jpg
Michal aka bitkar
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

bitkar wrote: 26 Sep 2021, 22:59 ok, this should not spoil it. I used streetview at the end of the process. I searched for things in the photo to find the location. Streetview was to confirm that. We have some days off due to national holiday, so it was ok to search :)
Congrats Bitkar! What was the clue that gave you the location?