A place where have some extra fun..
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by bitkar »

welcome back mate!
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

It has been a mild Autumn and Winter. Barely freezing at night. So some weeds have grown and customers have interrupted my hibernation with a little work.

I tried to order a computer fan from Microcenter.com (no nerd stores in my town, nearest larger town 60mi/96km away). They would not accept my personal debit card or my business one. There is no problem with either. So I ordered one from Wal-Mart's website. The order pickup column inspired this meme:
PickupMonolith.jpg
A new gas station has gas with no ethanol. The truck likes it but at 50 cents more per gallon I don't know about continuing that. Maybe other stations will get it and competition will reduce the price. I'll certainly use it for my lawn tools.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I have invested $20 in bitcoin intending to buy low and sell high or have fun losing $20. So far my fortune has increased by 43 cents. Too windy to work today. It is time for self discipline. Must do paperwork not CG. Well, maybe a little CG. Well ...
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

I took the plastic off the windows. Winter damn well better be over.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

spacekdet wrote: 23 May 2020, 22:29I took the plastic off the windows. Winter damn well better be over.
Typically I'd be sweating at night now. This spring I'm not even using the AC much in daytime. I guess there will be no inferno for my inferno hike this year.

Hang glider Memorial Day fly in was this weekend. Subdued due to the virus so no evening feasts but several pilots arrived and had good flights. The road was terrible so driving their trucks was fun. A distance record from this launch was set. 198 miles to Santa Rosa. Another pilot went almost as far. "The Men of Action" * arrived with their unusual 4WD foreign van. Amazingly they had no trouble getting to and from the launch with their van even though some 4WD trucks, or their drivers, could not. A lost smart phone run over by cars was found. It still sort of worked, owners contacted, phone returned. One pilot's go pro camera fell from his glider into remote rough terrain. I'd like to have one so I want to search for it. A "needle in a haystack" scenario but it could be a good hike.

Not much video this time so my video this year is mostly for them to analyze their launches.

* Men of Action is my nickname for the "4WD van" group. At a fly in years ago I observed them being very indecisive about going up to the launch or not. Their inability to decide and absence of an Alpha to take charge was humorous.
Last edited by Finis on 26 May 2020, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Finis wrote: 25 May 2020, 17:09 One pilot's go pro camera fell from his glider into remote rough terrain. I'd like to have one so I want to search for it. A "needle in a haystack" scenario but it could be a good hike.
Move quick and you can ping with your wifi on your phone, but only as long as the gopro cam batteries last. (hint: not long)
Newer models may be bluetooth as well, not sure since I don't own a new one.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

what van was that? just curious...

Spacekdt: I guess he would need to go the same day, the batteries will last only little few hours at most.
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Spacekdet What was I thinking? Of course if I found the go pro I should return it to the pilot. No time for hikes anyway. Sounds like the batteries are gone now but I let the "meet head", the fly-in boss, know of your tracking idea.

@Bitkar Mitsubishi L300 Delica https://duckduckgo.com/?q=L300+delica+m ... &ia=images Toyota Tacoma is the most popular among the pilots.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

that is pretty lightweight and capable offroader with good tires... no wonder. Big trucks are just too heavy.
Michal aka bitkar
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

last week on a vacation (czech - slovakian border trail) in Beskydy mountains. 90 Km hike.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fcLiGZaPdu5Pfqyb7

https://youtu.be/fAM6_Iu26ZM

Those paws in a dirt belong to lynx, if you wonder. There are lots of them, havent seen any tho.
Michal aka bitkar