Post by RAYMAN »

Its hard to resist great taste!😉🤣
They are faster....😆🤣
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by Finis »

Here are some great Christmas lights. Their decorating ability is greater than my night photography ability. These folks and some of their neighbors do these big light displays each year.
ChristmasLights1.jpg
ChristmasLights2.jpg
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

that is insane :D
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

bitkar wrote: 25 Dec 2021, 18:09that is insane :D
There are 4 or 5 houses like that there. In one neighborhood everyone uses blue lights except for an occasional rebel.

I went to city hall to pay the fee for my business license. It was funny. I've always paid at the counter with a debit card and none of this stuff:
- I have to get the paper stamped at another office after they ask me if any info. has changed, but ... there is a form on the paper to let them know of changes.
- Can't pay there have to go back to the counter.
- Clerk says the debit card machine needs the pin number ... while it charges my card and prints a receipt without a pin.
- Clerk says I have to sign their copy ... no problem, signed it right above "signature not required" which is printed on it.
- There is a fee for paying with a debit card. The receipt shows that I was not charged that.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

There has been road construction near the intersection where I saw the Palace of the Homeless King. A mound of dirt, concrete, folding outdoor chairs and tarps concealed in the intersection of two large ditches. The construction re-sculpted the ditches exposing the palace. Perhaps he has moved to the impressive tent that appeared under the nearby bridge. Some of the camps in that area make innovative use of found materials.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

some of those ppl are quite creative... would be nice if they would invest that creativity into real work, not living like that. They could work in a contruction or such. ;)
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

My winter camping adventures may meet a wall of cost. I have cold weather clothes (I had no gas for my heater for a year or two) but I need a tent, sleeping bag, and various things. I got a larger backpack recently. With expected worsening of economic troubles it may be wise to focus only on necessities. On the other hand, enough economic troubles and I'll be camping like these guys ...

Many homeless people are mentally ill and/or drug addicts. Homeless are much trouble in some cities but here there are not many, they live on the outskirts and in the desert not on the sidewalks, and aren't aggressive. That would not be tolerated by us or our law officers. By day they beg on street corners by displaying a sign. They don't approach unless offered a gift. A few might be called "nomads" instead of homeless. They choose to live life on the move. Some of them probably seek temporary employment. Nomadic cultures like Travelers/Irish Travelers (dangerous, they see outsiders as prey) are unwelcome and rarely known to be here. The poorest have what they carry with them and sleep on the ground in a sleeping bag or in empty buildings. I think churches have shelters for some. Some have cars and live in them. Top of the heap have campers towed or on pickup trucks. Some stay alone while others group in semi-organized camps farther in the desert. Some homeless may be illegal aliens but they generally have travel and support from the cartel smugglers, activist organizations, and our own government. So they aren't living under bushes.

I met a creative homeless guy in a Denny's. He had a ballpoint pen and drew portraits on paper place mats. Whether the people wanted one or not. The drawings were ok. Sort of impressionism with scribbles.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

sleeping bag is definatly needed... tent is not. Tarp can be enough. Surprisingly those PE type used for construction or to cover something on a garden works the best so far imo.
Homeless are everywhere. We have some too, not many. Only in cities tho, where dumpsters and people are - their source. Usually not agressive at least too. I think that some of them have a place to sleep, but they just hang around in groups and drink every day all day.
Michal aka bitkar
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Snow finally obscures the primo skating ice. Still skatable, but it's just not as nice or as fast as clear black ice.
Here it is just before it got really good.
IMGP4878_e.jpg