Unexpected
Snow11March2022.jpg
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by bitkar »

wow! quickly build a snowman! :D small one at least ;) and if you have some big parking space or somthing, go to drift with your car ;)
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
borgcone
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by borgcone »

Finis wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 01:37 Bitkar, are refugees going to the Czech Republic?
bitkar wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 08:36 Ofc CZ along with other countries sent ...
bitkar wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 20:28 ... Its the same as WW2. ... Russian history books ...
In Japan, while there seems to be few recent news of Czech Rep., an article gives me strong impression; A Czech TV staff gave a supplementary explanation of the Prague Spring 1968 in connection with a Para ice hockey player Pavel Kubeš's "Peace" sign at the Paralympic opening ceremony.

It reminds me that I must keep learning the history of Eastern Europe and the our Japanese history of invasion to the neighboring countries much deeper.

The article (original but fragment, cited but full text) is written in Japanese and seems not to translated to oversea version. It might be possible to translate the (cited) title literally; A Czech Para hockey player, his wish put in his "Peace (sign)" held up to the sky.

(If you would Google translate the article to Czech language, I recommend three steps of (1) Japanese->English, (2) Replace Piece->Peace, (3) Translate to Czech, because both "piece(kus, kousek)" and "peace(mír)" are written in a same word in Japanese and the translator cannot distinguish them.)
borgcone ... or 3DfromNULL at https://biglode.com/ptsxpy
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Are you japanese or you live in japan?

Actually whan is happening in Ukraine is really felt by Czechs and others that has the same experience with Russians. It actually reminds us two things a bit. Firstly - Munich Agreement (and start of WW2) - coz it seems like they are left to somebody like Hitler. Fortunatly, Ukranians have at least a humanitarian support and get some military support too. But it started pretty much like WW2 - Hitler wanted piece of Czechoslovakia. Now Putler does want Ukraine the same way. And the 2nd thing is the mentioned 1968, where Czechoslovakia was also invaded by Russians/USSR. But CS is pretty small, so it was easy, although there was also some resistance - few army units refused to give up immediately. Also there are writings and sings across Ukr, like it was in CS. Lucky for Ukraine, their country is vast and their military has been already on their feet for the past 8 years and informed ahead by secret services. I wish they could keep russians away.

Anyway - those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat the mistakes again. And its definatly good to know more then history of own country. Japan is so much different, I believe. I cant imagine Japan going to invade anyone. Russians dont really change - still the exKGB rule there (even Putin is exKGB) with their USSR cold war era mentality and methods of doing stuff. So this will not change until ppl like that live. So its for the best if Russia gets isolated. The only way out is from the inside. There must be a revolution of some kind.

News about the refugees - in fact we are on top of our capacities. Its real bad, its tooooo much ukranians here. But we are doing our best to secure all of them. Even get the children to school and such. On the other hand - the help to them is masive! Tons of sleeping bags, blankets,.. everything. Ppl even buy the stuff to send it via huminarian organisations.
Michal aka bitkar
borgcone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by borgcone »

Yes, am Japanese living in Japan (though there is no way to prove that).
bitkar wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 19:34 it seems like they are left to somebody like ... cant imagine Japan going to invade anyone.
I feel the sign of repetition of our same mistake. Many media (especially TV) in Japan are reminiscent of the military controlled ones. They emphasize how the number of domestic confirmed cases got fewer but don't report that the total sum in 4-weeks exceeded the U.S. and United Kingdom recently. They use 100x time to the domestic victim of WW2 than Pearl Harbor. It can't be that Japanese people are not influenced by such controlled information and don't lose fairness or ability to distinguish biased (or unfounded) information.
bitkar wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 19:34 ... cold war era mentality and methods ...
One of my methods to fairly understand the arguments on each side in the debate over disagreement is to simulate multiple personalities at the scene in my brain and to observe their complex controversy. But I have more to learn about Russia because each of my simulated personalities cannot precisely play the roll of Russia's foreign minister, UN ambassador, ambassador to Japan, and the lead negotiator. It's also important to me whether the western media's Russian->English translation is always precise or not.
bitkar wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 19:34 its for the best if Russia gets isolated. ... from the inside. ... a revolution of some kind.
I always try to make efforts to think of all the possibilities from a fair position, and am imagining that the years after the world was conquered by a single nation, religion, or race. Of course, a bloodless (like Dissolution of Czechoslovakia) is better for me than forced if that was true.
bitkar wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 19:34 ... the refugees ... we are doing our best to secure all of them
I sincerely respect the people in the Czech Republic and other neighboring countries of Ukraine. Good fortune and happiness will come to who helped others.

I heard few people from Ukraine have recently entered to Japan.
Eight Ukrainians had arrived in Japan March 2 thru 10 - The Japan Times, Mar 10
Everyday I'm thinking: How many people can take rooms in my home? How long? Can they eat Japanese food? How we Japanese support their job opportunity, school, home, and communities if that become prolonged?
We Japanese must suppose also refugees/evacuees from Taiwan (and our exodus before/after huge earthquakes in Japan like a disaster novel "Japan Sinks" by S.Komatsu).
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

its hard to think like they do. They way of thinking is really far. Sometimes I see them talking and their logic is deeply flawed, their reality is very different (the way they see world). Sadly all they understand is the force. They think they are the strongest and Ukraine belongs to them, so they have right to take it. No matter how absurd it sounds to us.
PS: there is nothing lost in tranlsation as far as i know. I understand few words and I know ppl that speak russian (as it was tought on schools during communism). They really talk shit, its not the translation.
Michal aka bitkar
borgcone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by borgcone »

bitkar wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 21:18 ... their logic is deeply flawed ... very different ... force ...
There might be logically multiple truths contradicting each other in the world.

(edited to add "contradicting each other")
bitkar wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 21:18 ... nothing lost in tranlsation ...
One less thing to worry about, thanks.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I think regular Russian people, most of them, oppose the war and want to be friends with the rest of the world. At least Russian vloggers I was watching before the war showed people living lives much like in the US and EU. Of course there are all kinds of folks with different ideas in every place.

https://www.youtube.com/c/LETTERSTOKING
Old videos show life in Moscow. Latest ones are trying to oppose the war, tell about the effects of sanctions, and their loss of freedom without getting sent to a gulag. Sanctions are harsh on the regular folks but that may encourage them to rebel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWf43G ... d2Q/videos
Formerly "Yeah Russia". Gone silent to avoid gulag. Russia from a poorer perspective. I learned the word "Vatnik" (spelling?). A person who believes what the government tells him and supports all its actions. We have them here in the US (North Venezuela) too.

Bald and Bankrupt's travels in the non-tourist back roads of former soviet places are informative.
Last edited by Finis on 16 Mar 2022, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

ofc, normal ppl dont want war... when I say "they" or "russians" I mean the government and all the proPutin russians.

I watched B and B, he is good. He even was in Ukrain few days before invasion.
Michal aka bitkar