3D Artists Reporting Back

A place where have some extra fun..
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: 3D Artists Reporting Back

Post by Finis »

Spacekdet, what conditions make the best skating ice? How thick is the ice?

Bitkar, I want a tent for the warm season too. Insects, snakes, and small critters. Bears, mountain lions (cougars), coyotes, wolves (Gila Wilderness) too. They seldom bother people but you on the ground is an invitation while a tent bewilders them. I found an affordable sleeping bag and tent. Plus assorted other stuff it's around $100 total. Bag is rated to 20F (-6.7C) and the tent folds to a small size. 20F may be too much down here but good for the mountains.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

20F will not be too much as the rating is never accurate (usually quite bullshit). I have -5C (comfort temp) rated sleeping bag and its not comfy at even +5C or 0C, if you are not dressed (in just a Tshirt and underwear). So for those temps I sleep in thick socks and thermo underwear. For freezing temps I may even add something. Those ratings are usually overated.
Get a good sleeping mat! some thick inflatable, you can get some with aluminium as a shield. Those make nice difference. Its important.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

New adventures on my Walks by the Tracks blog. Featuring machinery, graffiti, camps, junk, big train, small tracks.
https://www.splododyne.com/index.php/bl ... e-railroad

After 4 or 5 days I gave up fighting Tracfone to transfer my old cell number to the new PureTalk phone. It is for business. I'll change the business cards, website, bills, etc. and notify customers.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

There is a flaw in my plan to visit and camp in remote places. I can't get there. Traveling far out of town in my old truck is not a good idea. Especially in seldom visited areas where help is not available. I'll try a test drive to a mountain town and see how the truck does. The Gila Wilderness and other distant places are out of reach unless my situation improves drastically and I get a newer vehicle. There are some places not too far that are good.

Update Feb 25, 2022
Went for a mountain drive to Ruidoso yesterday. The road is not steep. Going slower in lower gear was needed on the steeper parts but the truck performed well. About 100 miles (161 km ) total. Only the gas gauge works. Speedometer, temp, odometer (mileage, approx. 430,000) don't work. I think if that is fixed I can go to some places accessible by paved roads plus a little on dirt roads and walk from there. No long remote dirt roads I think. I hope there is time for hiking or camping this mowing season.

That road passes through the Apache reservation. Unlike most reservations this was their home long before that. Some houses flew US flags. One had a New Mexico flag. Barriers along the road had graffiti style artwork with slogans: "you are beautiful", "honor your life", "thank you veterans", "honor God", "we are a proud people". A little farther an abandoned gas station was covered with the normal type of graffiti. I guess the nice stuff is sponsored by the tribal government.
Mountain.jpg
Still snow up high and in shady forest parts.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Bitkar, are refugees going to the Czech Republic?
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

that looks like a nice nature there in the reservation. For the test camping, its nice to be able to retreat to the safety/warmth of a car.

Yes, it is absolutely incredible how ppl here even offer their apartments and houses and even are ok with living with some ukranian family in their home. So far our government and municipalities have/made enough capacities to accomodate them. But the solidarity and actual will to help is unbelievable. Even the will to "fight" Russians for what they do. Shops and everyone stops selling goods imported from Russia etc. My bank offers free payments to/from Ukraine. Everybody is so pissed and disgusted that even we are willing to pay more for gas and such. Nobody wants to give Putin more money for his goddamn military. Everybody does everything to isolate them and stop the money flow towards them.
Ofc CZ along with other countries sent already multiple cargo trains to Ukraine with humanitarian and also military supplies. So food water, medical and ammo and actual guns are flowing towards the absolute badass ukranians. Even some ppl are willing to enter the Ukranian foreign legion.
Btw: Ukranians are the biggest minority here in CZ so they already have some family members here in many cases.
Michal aka bitkar
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Austria is prepared to I read but havent been in Austria since November !
Not keen going back ! Rather stay here in Paris but I have to ! Need my papers back !
Paris is pretty relaxed about the situation here to be honest- you cant do much as an individual ! But so were the people here
about Covid too !The people suffering are a tragedy ! but what should one say about greedy selfish polititians !
In the end its all a bout making money ! Dirty money ! :cry:
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

this war is not about money. Its the same as WW2. Its about power, greed and ego of one motherfucker. This time its Putler. He wants to reunite former USSR and get in Russian history books as a great leader who united the countries.
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Frozen pudding pops brought the USSR down* and now it is back. Power, money, whatever: the regular people of Ukraine and Russia don't want this. They are mostly friends. Russians were protesting and speaking against it before that became even more dangerous. Some still are. There are reports of Russian soldiers opposing the war in various ways. There may be resistance growing in the Russian govt. and powerful people. Hopefully there is and it leads to a coup.

*Joke, or not.

For reporting back: my work season is starting so practical matters leave no time for fun.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Finis: did not read the whole artical but this made me laugh a bit:

Written By
Craig Hlavaty

Hlavatý is a czech name ;D
Michal aka bitkar