Short Term Plans

A place where have some extra fun..
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Short Term Plans

Post by Finis »

Thanks Steinie. I try to hike on my Birthday and an Inferno Hike on the hottest day each year and whenever I can. Info in Reporting Back.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

This weekend the hang gliding people come from all over to leap off of the mountain. I'll go up to the launch and make videos, watch, and drive their trucks down. Hopefully the road has not been maintained so there will be 4 wheel drive fun. Trying to get Friday's work done today and tomorrow to have Fri-Sun off.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Learning Blender video editor.
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

If you want to look at other editors you might consider:

Lightworks.... free version leading to a "pro" version... the free version is open source. The web site does a good job of blowing their horn.... high end for sure https://www.lwks.com/

Wax is freeware that has been around a long time and it has a surprising amount of capability ... http://www.debugmode.com/wax/

Hitfilm Express is a powerful tool and quite popular these days.... https://hitfilm.com/express

Davinci Resolve has a free version now with very powerful audio capability included ... https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/ca/pro ... nciresolve

VSDC is another contender ... check it out here ... http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Thanks V3rd3. I'll try Blender first since I'm switching to it as my main CG thing. Watching these tutorials. (link)
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Have you tried out Tiles Bforartists? Highly recommend it, so much easier to use than Blender in itself, less chaotic - yet still the same as Blender.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@V3rd3 Thanks. I'll try Hit Film.

@Draise Bforartists looks good. I wish Tiles success. I'll stay with the regular Blender interface though.

Inferno Hike on Friday. Envious of the folks in Phoenix. Also, I should harvest yucca seeds for Steinie this summer.
A.jpg
P.jpg
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, camp overnight nearby, then move into the eclipse path/zone of totality on Sunday, hopefully just ahead of the rest of the crowd. No particular place to go, may end up in southern Illinois, or western Kentucky by Monday. Hoping the weather cooperates, which is one reason I didn't secure lodging or commit to a specific place. May end up sleeping IN THE VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER. :ugeek:
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Gotta check your site and reporting back thread Spacekdet. Hopefully blogging about your trip and the eclipse.

Exhausted. Too much work. This year's monsoon season keeps going. I plan to stay awake long enough to do some paperwork.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Steinie, I found that September and October are the times to harvest soap tree yucca seeds. So you might finally get your seeds. The flower stalks make good walking sticks. This kind don't make dangerous spikes. I don't know their limits for cold but the record low here of -14F didn't bother them. Out in the desert but not in town some leaves are eaten at the 4 to 5 foot level. I suspect deer or the elusive animal I still haven't got photos of.

How is your agave (century plant) doing?