Short Term Plans

A place where have some extra fun..
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Short Term Plans

Post by Finis »

The Columbus Day hang glider Fly In is not canceled. Uh ... I mean Indigenous People's Day. Looks around nervously for agents of Big Brother. The main glider guy here passed on recently, the road to the launch is impassable to most 4WD vehicles, and the landing zone is now the site to build a new school. The city was friendly to glider people ... school not. A glider pilot dealt with the school and got permission to use the landing zone. He and a few others have also successfully been to the launch site recently confirming that some trucks can get there. So some pilots will come here this weekend and I will get to drive and make videos.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

:lol: :lol: :lol: At least you still have Vladivostoc as an outpost! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Speaking of fly in and glider.... ! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/Wue02Y0lS38
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Happy Burn Weekend!
Party like a rock star Saturday, and send your problems up in smoke Sunday.
Join Camp Envy and watch along here:
https://burningman.org/live-webcast/

#DustStorm
Last edited by spacekdet on 04 Sep 2022, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Further Developments
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Did the dust storm clear up?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

This weekend the Memorial Day Fly In will happen again. Hang glider and para-glider pilots will travel here from all over to fly. The Fly In hasn't happened for a few years because the road to the launch was not maintained and became impassable to most vehicles. https://vimeo.com/698295482 The road is repaired now. 4WD still needed. I'll drive for them, watch, visit, and make video.

I have set up some cloud storage so pilots can share their aerial videos for my movies.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Inferno Hike approaches.
Hike2023.jpg
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Been a while since being here - let's do a recap:

Since 2020, I have since overworked many clients, now at a total of 82 total projects in my career this year. I had times where I was working up to 8 active clients at a time, and since then have slowly worked my way out of the hole. It has taken me 3 years to get down to 2 active clients at a time - and now I have a small monthly grant to work on Bforartists and work on my brand. I also will remain with 1 active client from now on. I'm now working out of my 2nd active client, eta is end of this month. I have also been doing a weekly Q&A&Critique in the Bforartists discord server live, both on Youtube and Twitch, and have been managing that community quite happily. I have also been practicing drawing to get my skills up, and focus on creativity. One of my clients, as you've seen - has been commissions for painterly music videos.

So.. what are my plans for the year?

I was recently offered a job in an animation studio as a rigging supervisor, in Tenerife, but I turned it down though they had negotiated what I had wanted. I decided, with the grant, to do my own thing here instead of immigrate and change my life to work in an office. I have been quite happy with my new computer I managed to purchase this year, which cost me a third of my years salary, but it is the highest end of things before going to industrial machine specs. So.. that happened this month, and it was a hard decision to make, but I feel I'm doing the right thing and feel more at peace.

My goals for the later of this year is get more into Bforartists development and assets, and documentation and more. And also start working on digital products and education for some self-sustainable future while I have this grant (which I hope lasts). I have the computer of my dreams, soon time to develop my dreams, and now an opportunity to work the dreams.

And on a side note, I am house sitting form y parents who are on furlow in NZ, so I have free rent. Best time to invest into digital sales..

So the pace is not slowing, but I am much more happy with what I'm doing than i have been. I'm now getting out of the last symbolic freelance gig.. hopefully for a veeeery looooong time.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

good to hear you are doing well... keep it going :)
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

That's good news Draise. You've earned success.

Long ago Steinie ask for Yucca seeds. I think it is harvest time or will be soon. I'll go hiking and get some.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I have been waiting years!!! :lol:
My will has someone assigned to plant them for me...
SteinieSeeds.jpg
SteinieSeeds.jpg (97.81 KiB) Viewed 628 times