Short Term Plans

A place where have some extra fun..
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Short Term Plans

Post by Finis »

@Bitkar I prefer traditional spots on public land in the mountains or foothills. I mean clean the rifle though I pickup cases, mine and other people's, and targets left around if any. The Forest Service or Bureau of Land Management will threaten to close the areas to shooting if people trash them and you should respect the wild places. I have an old .22 but I don't know if it is in shape to shoot. It would be cheap and nostalgic. I'll get some of this and then go some weekend.
Last edited by Finis on 10 Aug 2019, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

That is my favorite caliber. Its pretty cheap for new (non old surplus) production.

In what areas can you shoot? Is there some sign or what rules are there (distance from buildings etc.?), how do you determine wheter it is ok to shoot there?
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Bitkar State and local laws vary greatly across the US. Some are tyrannical while my state is among the most free, for now. No shooting anywhere in town. Most of the traditional places are on the vast federal lands such as national forests and BLM lands (link). There's a lot of wild undeveloped land out west. BLM land in my state 52,600 square km, Czech Republic 78,800 square km, so it is easy to be safely far from buildings and people. You can shoot where ever you want to on that land unless laws/rules/signs say you can't. Main laws/regulations to know: Stay 150 yards (meters) from any building without permission of the owner. Don't shoot from or across a road (duh), from a vehicle, across a body of water, or within 0.5 miles ( 0.8 km) of a developed camp or recreation area.

Ranchers/land owners were cool in the past but now there are too many troublemakers so "please close the gate" signs became "keep out".

Edit: more info less babble
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

thanks for the explanation. Its nice you can shoot and have fun on so many interestnig places. The wilderness areas look very nice.
Ya CZ is too small for that, you cant even get lost even if you want so :) You walk any direction and you will find some civilzation very soon.
Michal aka bitkar
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Finis wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 22:53 @Bitkar State and local laws vary greatly across the US. Some are tyrannical while my state is among the most free, for now. No shooting anywhere in town. Most of the traditional places are on the vast federal lands such as national forests and BLM lands (link). There's a lot of wild undeveloped land out west. BLM land in my state 52,600 square km, Czech Republic 78,800 square km, so it is easy to be safely far from buildings and people. You can shoot where ever you want to on that land unless laws/rules/signs say you can't. Main laws/regulations to know: Stay 150 yards (meters) from any building without permission of the owner. Don't shoot from or across a road (duh), from a vehicle, across a body of water, or within 0.5 miles ( 0.8 km) of a developed camp or recreation area.

Ranchers/land owners were cool in the past but now there are too many troublemakers so "please close the gate" signs became "keep out".

Edit: more info less babble
When I worked on a ranch in west Texas as a youth, it had a lot of nice game and the owner let us hunt there. Then they put a rural airport next to it and that was the end of that.
Walk by faith, not by sight.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Bitkar I don't think CZ is small. A lot of people for the size though. It's beautiful there! CZ

@James Yep.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

When you get lost in CZ we will find you in Austria!😉😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Finis: only over 10 milion of us living here in CZ :) There are even some (crazy) ppl that were able to run acrross south-north. But yes, small but nice (even tho there is alot of even smaller countries). I like my country and its nature very much.

Rayman - haha, yes... but its not a bad thing to get lost to Austria, its very nice nature there too :) I like mountains (in summer). I hope to go to climb some "via ferata", i have already been there and it was awesome.
Michal aka bitkar
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

An old friend was in town last weekend. We went to El Paso looking for large ceramic cowboy boots which he would trade to someone in Kansas for furniture made from whisky barrels. Doesn't that sound like a wierd movie that should star Woody Harrelson?

@Bitrkar: I might get a can with 600+ rounds of ammo from a customer if his relative doesn't want it.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

Finis wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 21:41 @Bitrkar: I might get a can with 600+ rounds of ammo from a customer if his relative doesn't want it.
cheap training ammo offerings are always good. We usually buy old surplus (china, romania,...) for like 22 US cents/piece. Cheapest new ammo is Russian make for 30 cents/piece. Its easy to shoot "money out the barrel" fast :D (still talking 7.62x39). Its usually price for 500+ pieces pack.

Which reminds me my short therm plan - to go out to the range too :D but my favorite one is under reconstruction.
Michal aka bitkar