Which tablet do you use?

A place where have some extra fun..
Jack Edwards
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Re: Which tablet do you use?

Post by Jack Edwards »

No. I used a 9x12 Aiptech and one other that I can't recall off the top of my head. Both produced poor results when compared with the Wacom. It's a matter of line quality -- I think the Wacom interpolates the line better. There's also a difference in feel. A Wacom in Photoshop glides like butter. It's just that smooth.

That said, any tablet is better than just using a mouse. ;) And you can likely sell your used one on ebay without difficulty, so they aren't bad investments. So you could buy a cheap one used and see how it works out, then upgrade to a Wacom once you decide to get serious about your art and resell your old tablet to recoup the initial cost.
No booleans were used in the mangling of this message... :?

YafaRay for trueSpace Project

(Current version: v0.7.0)

trueSpacePlugins.com
theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by theuns »

Wacom is about double the price of the similar size Genius one and I don't know what the shipping costs will be when buying from eBay with the local currency exchange being 8:1 to the $...

I'll probably try the Genius fist off and see if it is worth while, otherwise save up for the Wacom...
theuns - tSer since 2000
.:| http://theunsfvo.cgarena.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
.:| http://bluestarcreations.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

I have a Genius 6x4 and is perfect.. not expensive, and works fine!!!
:bananathumb:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Got a Wacom for some years now and it works well.
But more important than the brand of tablet is that the software is made for tablet use.
Truespace isnt very tablet friendly but possible to use....
theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by theuns »

[quote="Prodigy"]I have a Genius 6x4 and is perfect.. not expensive, and works fine!!!
:bananathumb:[/quote]

do u use it on Vista or XP Prodigy? which model do you have?

the tiny laptop Genius F350 I have behaves erratically on Vista Business, shudders and wiggles which makes it very imprecise and unusable for basic mouse use or writing...

i might consider the bamboo fun small it is worth while...
theuns - tSer since 2000
.:| http://theunsfvo.cgarena.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
.:| http://bluestarcreations.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
Kenc3
Petty Officer First Class

Post by Kenc3 »

If you are goig to the bamboo, look for just the bamboo and not the bamboo fun. The difference is the added software and the added price that goes with it. Good luck though, as it seems they have stopped carrying it without the software. :bananatyping:
Prodigy
Site Admin

Post by Prodigy »

theuns wrote:do u use it on Vista or XP Prodigy? which model do you have?
My fault was not 6x4, is model mousepen 5x4, and i tested on XP, i can test it on Vista if you want.. works fantastic and it cost me only 50$ quite cheap IMO.

My recommendation?

5x4 is a bit small, 8x6 i think is the next size, i think it's the perfect size for a desktop! and i found here at 70$.. like me, you will use this for fun, sometimes to do something, but you will not work as a professional artist draw right? so my recommendation is go for a genius with a good size as 8x6 and with the rest of the money invite your wife to dinner ;)
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑
theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by theuns »

[quote="Prodigy"][quote="theuns"]do u use it on Vista or XP Prodigy? which model do you have? [/quote]

My fault was not 6x4, is model mousepen 5x4, and i tested on XP, i can test it on Vista if you want.. works fantastic and it cost me only 50$ quite cheap IMO.

My recommendation?

5x4 is a bit small, 8x6 i think is the next size, i think it's the perfect size for a desktop! and i found here at 70$.. like me, you will use this for fun, sometimes to do something, but you will not work as a professional artist draw right? so my recommendation is go for a genius with a good size as 8x6 and with the rest of the money invite your wife to dinner ;)[/quote]

hehehe, take the wife for dinner, VERY good idea :) will have a look at the 8x6

[quote="Kenc3"]If you are goig to the bamboo, look for just the bamboo and not the bamboo fun. The difference is the added software and the added price that goes with it. Good luck though, as it seems they have stopped carrying it without the software. :bananatyping:[/quote]

Interesting ,I will look at the normal Bamboo small instead of the fun one then, thanks for the advice Ken :)
theuns - tSer since 2000
tylerzambori
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by tylerzambori »

I just got a LaPazz 9x12, with the exact same specs as a
Wacom. It *seeems* just fine, but I've never had a wacom.