A place for gamers

A place where have some extra fun..
MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: A place for gamers

Post by MikomDude » 11 Sep 2012, 22:22

Just another day in the life of a DayZ survivor.

Camping

More Camping

Biking at the airfield

MikomDude
Captain

My PlanetSide 2 Review

Post by MikomDude » 03 Feb 2013, 03:47

Here is a review I did of a game I've been playing for a few weeks.

YouTube (1080p)

MikomDude
Captain

A place for gamers - Minecraft Stuff

Post by MikomDude » 13 Jan 2014, 15:21

Been doing some Minecrafting. Built myself a nice big castle/town:

Last edited by MikomDude on 16 Nov 2015, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.

Draise
Captain

Post by Draise » 13 Jan 2014, 15:53

Wow that's great! I love the design, and lots of time went into that, lovely. Did you do it in survival mode or free-mason kind of mode? I used to play minecraft all the time - but then I wanted the horses and the graphics mod I used (sues) wasn't compatible with it - till today.. but I haven't gotten back into it.

I love that game.

MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude » 13 Jan 2014, 16:01

Oh I started out in survival mode but then quickly switched to creative after realizing it would take months to complete if I had to mine for all the resources. :D

I got the idea for the castle when I was sitting on the balcony of a house I built in survival mode, looked towards the hills and thought "hmm, would look cool if there was a castle there." That second picture basically, only in my head. So I went ahead and built it.

Unlike with games like say.. Skyrim (that you have to mod to get your moneys worth, lol), I actually prefer vanilla Minecraft. To me the graphic improvement mods just make to textures look really out of place.

v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 » 13 Jan 2014, 18:15

I don't know if you have looked at Planetside2. The game is free and you can realistically level up with players paying premiums for weapons and vehicle upgrades. The major play enhancements are earned with experience points and the only items requiring cash are decorative embellishments.

Sony have created the player studio where independent artists can sign up and create content that will be sold through the sony store to players of the game. That's right... they pay you to create content they will sell to players. The program only operates in the US at the moment. They will add other countries as they develop the paperwork for taxes etc.

Go to the planetside2 web site for more info.....

and yes ... I believe the work can be done with TS....

MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude » 14 Jan 2014, 02:01

@v3rd3
I've already played Planetside 2 for 400 hours. Fun yet sometimes frustrating game ;) It was probably at its best when it came out of Beta, at that time their argument that it was a non-pay-to-win game with micro-transactions actually still held up. Later last year, through-out the summer the game suffered some horrible balance and performance issues that made it loose a great deal of its player-base, myself included.
Didn't pick the game up again until a few weeks ago actually, I'm happy to say that the game has been improved upon since but the thing I'm still looking forward to the most is their new jungle-map Hossin. It looks B.. E.. A.. U.. tiful... :D

As for the player studio, I remember when they started it up I considered putting in my battle rifle designs. I decided against it since I wasn't too impressed with the designs to put the effort of conversion into them.

EDIT:
I just noticed this myself, I posted my review for PlanetSide 2 just a few posts back on this very thread. How did you not notice? :lol: :bananatyping:

v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 » 14 Jan 2014, 08:13

Fatigue... old age.... you know.... :roll: I did see it ... just wanted to make sure everyone here was aware of the player studio.

MikomDude
Captain

A place for gamer - Skyrim Screenshots

Post by MikomDude » 21 May 2014, 07:50

I must have hundreds of these by now, Skyrim screenshots. There comes a point when you have modded Skyrim with countless of graphics modifications and addons that you can't help but spam that screenshot button when you are playing. It is by far the most screenshot-worthy game I have ever played.

Here is a full library of my screenshots.

MikomDude
Captain

Space Engineers - Planets update

Post by MikomDude » 15 Nov 2015, 23:08

The game Space Engineers now has planets you can land on and explore!

Here are some screenshots I took:

More screenshots can be found here on my Steam profile.