Cool image or drawing to 3d program: Archipelis Designer 2

A place where have some extra fun..
tamtam
Petty Officer First Class

Cool image or drawing to 3d program: Archipelis Designer 2

Post by tamtam »

I have had the second version of this program called Archipelis Designer for some time, and I love it because I love to draw pictures, and you can just trace over any drawing or photo from your computer and it makes it 3d. There are tools in the program for mirroring the models you make, and you can have 4 views at once, or 1 view if you prefer that. You don't need to use an image though, you can just do a free-form drawing, and then that will become 3d also, and you can modify the contour after the 3d model is drawn in and made 3d automatically. You can make your models low-poly, or high-poly too. Oh, and for anyone who uses Second Life, you can export your models for that as well as some other formats. I love this program!

Here's the link (but I don't know what the price of 38€ converts to in dollars)
http://www.archipelis.com/index.php
weedhunter
Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Cool image or drawing to 3d program: Archipelis Designer 2

Post by weedhunter »

tamtam wrote:
Here's the link (but I don't know what the price of 38€ converts to in dollars)
http://www.archipelis.com/index.php
38 Euros = 54.5224 U.S. dollars

so aprox. like 55 dollars. pretty good for a nice piece software.

i bet i could get it for free. :ugeek:
My future project is to have tS work on Mac!!
Learning C and Cocoa rite now!!
tamtam

Post by tamtam »

i bet i could get it for free.
I don't have a clue as to where you would get this for free, or even how to get it for free.

The closest I could think of would be the demo or trial version of the program (which ever they have, but I think it's a demo program for free, but the saveing part might be disabled in the demo. I'm not sure how long the time is that you could use the demo program for, and also if you would have to buy the full program after the demo time, if any, expires or not).

Sorry that I don't know the details on the demo or trial version, because I havn't had one for a long time now... and I'm not the creator of the program.

Thanks for the reply, especially for figuring out how many dollars the Euros equalled. :)
weedhunter
Chief Petty Officer

Post by weedhunter »

no prob. for the conversion.

i can get the full version for free, but i cant tell you how . * :twisted: *cause it is illegal* :twisted: *
and plus i cant tell how or show you a link to where you can get free.
cause i want to respect this forum by not encouraging ""Illegal"" stuff to this website.

i like this community and i would like to keep helping out and showing off my work.\

the most i will say is that "i know i can get it' and "it is illegal" but i not going to tell you how or where.
even if i want to so badly....... i soo want to.. i sooo do

what i am feeling rite now is like when someone is trying to quit cigerrates. but has the urge to pick one up
:? :shock: :? :|
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

It's an honored behavior!
But if you with this will (show how to download free things) there is a lot of forums that will love to have you as a member.
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
weedhunter
Chief Petty Officer

Post by weedhunter »

ya iknow.

what i doing when iim not modeling i am make a website "blogspot" that will have that stuff.
i also i am working on a proflio of my work from webs or wix. or a mix up between em.

-----------------------------------------
make your own website free and (legal)<----- tha good law one<------- not illegal
=======================
http://www.webs.com
or
=======================
http://www.wix.com
------------------------------------------
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

I know rather good how to use WIX, I did a front page demo for the U3DA. :mrgreen:
tamtam

Post by tamtam »

Now, why would you people want to get something for free and illegal, when you can pay for it without having to worry about spam emails once you give them your personal info on the illegal websites? For all Archipelis Designer 2 can do, under $100, or even under 100 Euros, it's pretty amazing. Most of the illegal sites take your personal information, and they send it out to other places, so, it's not such a good idea to get free illegal software. You should know that they might even steal your identity and use your money from a bank once they know who you are, and then they will have your personal information, and could use your name in place of their name. Plus, the people running the illegal sites could steal your money just by having your credit card information. Whoever runs these online illegal sites, should have been caught by now (I hope), because they are seriously bad people. This is a serious matter.
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

To make things clear I said that is a honored behavior to this phrase:
cause i want to respect this forum by not encouraging ""Illegal"" stuff to this website.
The problem isn't the personal information (you can give false ones), it's the virus and Trojan problem, when it's free of it there is no reason to not do so, but there is your moral, I can any moment download 3D Max or Maya but I don't do so, why? Because I want them keep producing good things and it needs money and so if I want it I need to buy to then they keep doing good things, can't be other way...

My two cents
tamtam

Post by tamtam »

I wasn't trying to encourage illegal stuff, I was actually saying how unsafe it is, and trying to discourage it as well. I guess you're right that weedhunter is not trying to encourage it. He (or she? I'm not sure) was just saying where (but not specifically where) they get their software.

You are right about the trojans, and computer viruses, that they come with the free software too. Everyone has been warned about free software, so be cautious about where you are downloading the free software from.

(Edit:) Has anyone ever tried or bought Archipelis Desighner 2? It's 2d drawing or tracing and 3d combined, and that's what makes it so much fun for me! Just tracing a photo or drawing makes a 3d model with the picture as the texture. I think it's awsome. If only Truespace could have a feature like the Achipelis Designer 2 software.