Strange Error But Fixed

FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Strange Error But Fixed

Post by FHembree »

Recently after loading and experimenting with some object scripts I got this error when staring Ts761 beta. I thought I had everything set up just the way I wanted it and made
some backup copies, but when I tried to start Ts the next day I got this error message. TS Error-01

When I selected Ok, I got the Rendering Temporarily Unavailable for the 3D screen.

I don't remember what I did but I got it working again and made another backup.
I think I opened a new file and even though I couldn't see it I just restarted TS and then it was OK :shock: :lol:
Attachments
TS_Error-01.png
TS_Error-02.png
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Strange Error But Fixed

Post by Draise »

The video card crashed and confused Ts. It happens when it gets overloaded with other software or finds a large bug in the direct 3D draw within trueSpace.

This can happen when oversampling heavy shadowmaps on lights lights, geometry, etc.
FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by FHembree »

Draise wrote:The video card crashed and confused Ts. It happens when it gets overloaded with other software or finds a large bug in the direct 3D draw within trueSpace.

This can happen when oversampling heavy shadowmaps on lights lights, geometry, etc.
Thanks, you are right. It was not a Truespace error but some kind of windows error.

Ran into one other glitch that I had trouble fixing and that was for some reason
I could not select the 'Select by Painting' icon. The "Select by Move' worked ok.
Wasn't sure what the difference really was but I knew I always used the "Select by
Painting' Icon. Now that its working again, the "Select by Painting" icon allows you
to hold down the left button and select multiple faces, edges or vertices quickly
while the "Select by Move' requires you to click individually on each face while holding control.

I got it to working again accidentially by loading a script object called "Unselectable
Script". Don't really know what the use for this script really is, but I will keep it on hand if I
run into this problem again. I just need to remember to load this script to fix the problem. Good :idea:
Attachments
Select_by_Painting.png
Unselectable_Script.png
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

I think it was just a coincidence. The unselectable script doesn't do anything with the point edit selection system.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com