missing refresh in WS and modeler

Vizu
Petty Officer Third Class

missing refresh in WS and modeler

Post by Vizu »

I start a new scene, add some objects and from time to time the screen does not refresh any changin. This means i try to rotate the view but nothing happend. I change the view from perspecttive to top view or any else and go back to perspective and i see my changing.

I use Win 7 64 with a GrForce graphic card.
Someone know how to fix this Problem ?
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: missing refresh in WS and modeler

Post by Emmanuel »

From time to time, I've got a refrech issue, in Modeler. The 3D window draws nothing and the widgets are lost, while the other views (top, side, etc...) are available.
In this case, I switch to the 4 Views Layout mode, clic in a 2D (top, side, etc.) view, and select the perspective view, then return to the Standard View Layout. This trick works every time.
MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by MikomDude »

Emmanuel wrote:From time to time, I've got a refrech issue, in Modeler. The 3D window draws nothing and the widgets are lost, while the other views (top, side, etc...) are available.
In this case, I switch to the 4 Views Layout mode, clic in a 2D (top, side, etc.) view, and select the perspective view, then return to the Standard View Layout. This trick works every time.
I just need to press the DirectX realtime render button in the top right corner of the modelspace window, works evrytime for me as well =)

The problem appears to be win 7 related, or at least some recent update for some kind of vital part of the registry.
Vizu

Post by Vizu »

This is the way that i use to solve it so far but why is this happend ?
Ist this a directx Problem ?
a problem of my graphic card driver ?
windows 7 ?
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Probably just Win 7. The problem however lies with tS itself because it's not 100% compatible anymore with modern computer components and software. It's a real shame that tS had to be discontinued I'm sure it would have been twice as good now as it was before if Microsoft hadn't bought it... :(
Vizu

Post by Vizu »

But i can´t read any other threads with this problem. Seems it is only on my system the problem. Wich kind of hardware or OS runs on the other users System ? I use a 470 GTX, I5 750 and 8 GB Ram on a Gigabyte Mainboard. Windows 7 64 Bit.

Okay i never have this problem on my old mashine with XP and P4 3Ghz. and a older 8800 Geforce.
In the past i spend realy much time in Truespace but with my actualy bugs i lost my fun on this software.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

I had this problem w/ onboard Intel video.
Right Click at Direct 3D icon and setting transparency to level 2 seemed to help.

Did you apply the Win7 fix?
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

i have this problem too. At my work computer. Win7 Pro 32bit running on Mac Pro (dont laugh :) so it has some nvidia 9500GT card. But i think i have it only in modeler side. It happens all the time, not rarely. I usually have one more small window in the corner, so i just click there to focus the small one and click back to focus the main window to refresh it (middle mouse button usually, coz its safe).
It seems to be a problem inside tS, coz only area that refreshes is underneath the toolbars options windows (like the material editor, etc.). It can be seen whech it freezes, you move the panels a little to see under it. Usually it happens when i change view. And usually it happens only in the main window in modeler, never in the small view. Rarely it happens to work, so propably some really small bug, not a big compatibility issue.
Last edited by bitkar on 27 Jun 2011, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Vizu

Post by Vizu »

Heya space. I will try it out after work and i am home.
Yes bitkar. Looks like a win 7 Problem. It´s a pity no one will fix this problem. It´s a pity roman sales Truespace to microsoft :(
Vizu

Post by Vizu »

Parva the fix is for the Link editor. I need a fix for the Workspace.
Is there a way to download a early version of TS7.6x (not the last beta 8) ?