Mesh Relaxer Tsx for Modelside

Smart people ~ Great Scripts
stan
Master Chief Petty Officer

Mesh Relaxer Tsx for Modelside

Post by stan »

Here is something I've been working on, it's a mesh relaxer. It is something Draise wanted awhile back for workspace but I made it for modelside to start.
I've only got the basic or global method working so far.

Here are some images.
before.jpg
after.jpg
the above were early on in development shows the panel in one.
cubetwice.jpg
selecttwice.jpg
Here I've got selections working nearly right(note the one neighbour vertice out of place) and full objects working properly. These objects have been relaxed twice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Mesh Relaxer Tsx for Modelside

Post by Emmanuel »

Nice and handy tool !
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by bitkar »

wow, looks like pretty neat version of SDS... right? Iam always happy to see a modelside tsx. Thank you!
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

If the emoji with the hearts for eyes existed it would probably be here.

It's great work.
stan

Post by stan »

Well, Draise told me it was a relax- like sds with no subdivisions. I don't really know about the technique itself as it's the first time I'm experiencing it myself.. I'm just trying to bring a new tool to truespace.

Thank for the input guys.

Clinton if you read this I noticed .TSX or MSI are not on the accepted file attachments list.in my last effort. Please add them.:bananatyping:
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Very cool Stan. It's nice to see that the modelside still has support. Leroy. :bananathumb:
stan

Post by stan »

I've got the vertices paint method working somewhat. I notice it doesn't do much on a flat surface but edges and curves it reacts. still crashes or causes assert failures if two vertex colours exist..

This is one reason I wanted to do a tsx. to use painted vertices. Kinda cool.
vpaint.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stan

Post by stan »

Here's a few more images. It now works with vertex paint properly but it's best to use simple colour and have clear vertex colors tsx around to erase. Might make an onboard eraser. There is a colour picker and colour panel to set colour but the picker only works on the native colour panel due to lighting and reflectance shaders.Not quite sure if I can get the progress bar working right It may just disappear. There is also the time animation which I haven't looked into yet.

This images show some differences in average and Laplacian with equal and fujiwara settings
laplacian.jpg
This one shows bilateral and average to create a shape.
biselectaverage.jpg
here is vertex paint, which can be use with all types of relaxing.
vpainttwocol.jpg
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

This is cool. Sometimes when I use SDS it is the resulting shape, a rounded or puffed out shape, that I want. Extra polygons are not always wanted. The vertex paint method might be useful like one of the brushes in Hexagon that is good for unfolding intersecting geometry.
stan wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 13:33Clinton if you read this I noticed .TSX or MSI are not on the accepted file attachments list.in my last effort. Please add them.
Aren't you an administrator Stan?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
stan

Post by stan »

Here is taubin fujiwara with 15 iterations with the torso from the library rendered in vray next to the original. The smoothing is obvious. Soon to be released.
renderedvray.jpg
Animation has been added too... :bananaguitar: